Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Signs of Spring around you?

here in the south east of the uk we are having some unprecedented warm weather for this time of year - 17c yesterday!! I have daffodils in flower and tulips coming up also my frogs are singing very loudly trouble is we could still get some very cold, and even snow - definitely not normal

Not yet. Getting one of a few snow storms this weekend. Can't complain though it's been great this winter. Very mild.
    katigirl

Blog Entries
    Here in Ohio we have purple hyacinthus starting to bloom & have noticed lilac & trees in bud. The geese arrived almost 2 wks ago,to spend their summer on near by pond.

We had wind & dropping temps yest,but back to high 40s tomor & around 60* this wk. This winter is topsy turvy,but sure can't complain.
    Pat

We had spring all winter in south eastern Wisconsin until yesterday.8in of snow.

Blog Entries
    No sign of Spring here!!! It is snowing since 9 a.m. and still coming down at 10 p.m. Guess I will have to do some shoveling tomorrow. I love Winter, but we have cold temps and snow since end of November, so I am sooooo ready for Spring.

The birds are chirply excitedly in the morning.

Blog Entries
    One day 53 degrees here in Milwaukee...now 4" of snow yesterday. I think we have had MAYBE 8 inches all winter. We AVERAGE 100 inches per year...I am loving this, that's for sure.

Trees and bushes are budding out here and it's cool and damp, spring-like but probably a cold snap is coming so it's too early to plant
    diane

It was 55 degrees here on Wednesday but yesterday the extreme winds started blowing in COOOLD air and snow over night! Hubby out of town so scraps here I come. It is a cutting project day today and tomorrow is a sewing day. Woohoo!!!

Blog Entries
    I wish-we are in the midst of a blizzard in Saskatchewan today!-high winds and 10-12 inches of snow in the forecast-not bringing the bike out for awhile yet
    It's not a stash-it's a fabric library!
    http://www.mamisquilts.com/

My tulips are up (no flowers yet) and the daffodils are forming the flower heads. Daylilies are coming up all over and the trees are budding. Also had snow flurries this morning, but at 40 degrees outside nothing stuck, thank heaven!

Spring? We haven't seen winter yet in south Georgia!!!
    If you wouldn't write it and sign it, don't say it.

Have seen tulip greens sprouting in my courtyard garden at work. My garden is under a few inches of snow from the last few days. Am itching to get my hands dirty!

I was on my thread mill (walking) and looked out the window to see an elephant ear (plant) about 4" high! I live in Northern Wisconsin, that was the 2-17-12. Never heard of it, but we had very little snow, don`t believe we ever needed
    to shovel. I dug it up, No frost in the ground, it now sits on the window sill and has 2 new leaves. I looked for daffidills & tulips, but didn`t see any. My DH & I are 77 & 72 yrs old, lived here all our lives and cannot remember a milder winter.

We never had winter here is southern Ohio. I actually find the whole thing quite disturbing. The robins and Canada geese did not migrate this year and the crocuses are in full bloom. I've truly missed the magic of winter..the fresh cold air and snow. I'm so tired of looking at brown grass and mud. Everything just seems off.
    Dance like no one is watching....
    Quilt like there's no tomorrow....

I live in Vancouver, Washington, and yes, there are signs of spring everywhere. The flowering apple tree in my back yard is covered with buds, as are all my lilacs and hydrangeas. I have tulips and daylilies poking up leaves, the birds are more active, the crocus are beginning to flower, and my rosemary bush in the backyard is turning bright blue with flowers. Spring is everywhere here - it is as if Mother Earth has taken a deep, fresh breath in and is waiting to exhale!!! Yummy!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Here in New Mexico trees are getting ready to bloom and I had a big fat Robin in my back yard a week ago. I am ready!!!!
    Snownannie

Yesterday we got 6" of snow here in the mountains of New Hampshire. The skiers are happy! It's 15 degrees and
    VERY windy this morning.

I'm in central Maine near Mt Katahdin and we had 12inches of snow yesterday. We are snowmobiling country and it is great for those who like it. I'm ready for spring

Blog Entries
    Yes, I have dogwood trees and azaleas in bloom all over the yard and the neighborhood.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Middle of the Mitten.....The cranes are back and woke me up to their singing Friday morning 24 February 2012; and this morning when I took the dog out, the a male cardinal was in the top of a tree singing his spring song. All so nice to hear.

Blog Entries
    Well, here in sunny AZ it has been 80 several times in the past week. We hit 81 on New Year's Day. It is beautiful this time of year; not too hot, pleasant to go out walking. All that said, as a native NewEnglander (Boston area) I so miss the thrill of those first spring days with the smell of clean air, the slight bit of warmth with a promise of more, the buds peeking up and the fun of raking the wet leaves off to find my sweet spring bulbs from past years all blooming. But the one single thing I miss the most is the first few days when we would open all the windows, and the first nights when we could sleep with the windows open and we'd wake to the sound of birds chirping. Oh, I just loved that! Enjoy spring wherever you are!
    Last edited by Gabrielle's Mimi; 02-26-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    Create with joy in your heart!

Blog Entries
    Daffidols in full bloom here

My crocus are blooming. The daffodil foliage is up about 4 inches.

Here in Mississippi my redbud trees are bursting with color, as are my forsythia bushes... And the vinca on the ground is covered with purple flowers. It got up to a record 84 degrees the other day. We have had a warm winter!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast