Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Any of you hockey fans????

Any of you hockey fans????

OK...who, besides me, is rooting for the Kings to bring home the Stanley Cup tonight???? It should be a good game as I'm sure NY is anxious for a W
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Huge fans here!! Although tonight we wanted NY to win....just to keep the series going!! We figured that since LA is going to eventually win...why not do it at home in front of their own fans!!

Blog Entries
    Guess I am rooting for LA now- Kyle Clifford is from the small Ontario town where we live. Too bad they lost last night but now they play at home. The local community center is all set for a big cheering section for the next game! Since the Leafs are hopeless- GO LA!!
    'He cannot be a gentleman which loveth not a dog' -John Northbrooke
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

I'm a huge hockey fan!! I'm for NY my team isn't in the playoffs so NY is my team, They won so now game 5

We are huge hockey fans! I'm from NY but hubby from CA. We live in CA so we're hoping LA wins. Glad NY won, it prolongs the season. It's ok if NY wins a few more times prolonging the season. LA's goalie probably isn't going to let that happen. He is so good!

Since no Canadian team is in the playoffs now, we are pretty ambivalent as to who wins, just want to watch GOOD hockey & not a free for all with brawls etc. I know passions run high but let's keep it safe so no one ends up getting hurt. Hopefully, the officials will let them play hockey & not have games full of whistles. Not saying let flagrant fouls go unchecked but be fair to both sides.
    Dance like no one is watching

Well, last night's game was a good one, even though we lost. Time to get the big W in LA....

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Sorry, I have lived in Southern CA and have never been a hockey fan. Rooted for the Rams until they moved, rooted for the Lakers with one boyfriend, rooted for the Dodgers with another boyfriend and rooted for the Raiders until they moved. I just don't care for the violence in hockey. SORRY !!!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    Sorry, I have lived in Southern CA and have never been a hockey fan. Rooted for the Rams until they moved, rooted for the Lakers with one boyfriend, rooted for the Dodgers with another boyfriend and rooted for the Raiders until they moved. I just don't care for the violence in hockey. SORRY !!!
    Don't be sorry....just consistent. Football seems rather violent, as well.

Blog Entries
    Kinda glad the Kings lost last night, just so they can win the Cup at home!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Biggest hockey fans. From Chicago so of course we want N.Y. To win. The Blackhawks had an unfortunate loss, so we are hoping the Rangers win. Our youngest son played hockey thru college, so hockey has been a big part of our lives for a long long time.
    Barb

Overtime - again - wohoo!
    Linda
    http://quiltingbiker.blogspot.com

Watching game 5 & looking at the Quilting Board during breaks ....pulling for the Kings at this point ....big Red Wings fan

And more overtime
    Linda
    http://quiltingbiker.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Yay Kings!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by barbrn1128 View Post
    Biggest hockey fans. From Chicago so of course we want N.Y. To win. The Blackhawks had an unfortunate loss, so we are hoping the Rangers win. Our youngest son played hockey thru college, so hockey has been a big part of our lives for a long long time.
    very cool...where did your son play??? My daughter played at SU and then Manhattanville.

Go kings go!!!!

Chris played for colorado state in Fort Collins.
    Barb