Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Question Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

I am and wanted to know if any of my fellow quilters/sewists are too. I have lost about 8 pounds in approximately 2.5 weeks. I know the weight loss will start to slow down before long but I'll enjoy it while its coming off at a good pace. I think a lot of it is water weight anyway. Thanks to all who respond.
    Quilting is definitely not for the faint of heart.

I really want to do it, but as a nursing mom I don't know if I should. This pregnancy weight is so hard to loose! I feel so discouraged!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Weight Watchers now allows for nursing moms to do it too! I am not sure if this was an option in the past. I did a free trial of the program online for a week and like it so I continued. Hope this helps!

One of the best cookbooks for people who love food and are overweight is Junk Food to Joy Food. Try those recipes along with your WW.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    One of the best cookbooks for people who love food and are overweight is Junk Food to Joy Food. Try those recipes along with your WW.
    Thanks for the heads up on this cook book. I am going to purchase it next payday.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    ďIf you canít see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesnít exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,Ē .......Greg Biornstad

I've been doing WW since early November and have lost 32 lbs so far. I haven't bought any cookbooks because the internet is full of recipes and tips. Websites I have gotten recipes from are skinnyms.com and skinnytaste.com and of course there are tons on Pinterest. I also have to say, I haven't really exercised yet but that's coming next esp as the weather warms up. Good luck!

I was going to WW since last Sept and lost 28 lbs. On Feb 8th they shut the WW down in our area. I would have to drive 120 miles round trip to go to a meeting. It has been very depressing for me.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Sewingsuz, could you do the online option? They have a resource called Connect where you can still get support. I know some people prefer meetings though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on this cook book. I am going to purchase it next payday.

It is very cheap on Amazon used books. I think I paid about $6 for mine.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

The WW free point foods are online. Cookbooks are at library. WW magazine is at Walmart. WW food is in the grocery store. Why join? What is the point to pay the fee? Plenty of free online support WW groups.

Quote Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
    I was going to WW since last Sept and lost 28 lbs. On Feb 8th they shut the WW down in our area. I would have to drive 120 miles round trip to go to a meeting. It has been very depressing for me.
    Congratulations to you!
    I can see how you would be sad to lose what you were succeeding with.
    Not very good customer service on their part, that they have left you without realistic options.
    Though it seems that WW now considers realistic as online and a smartphone.
    But for many of us, it is not.

Maybe you should call Oprah!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

The WW free point foods are online. Cookbooks are at library. WW magazine is at Walmart. WW food is in the grocery store. Why join? What is the point to pay the fee? Plenty of free online support WW groups.
    Because if I do it on my own or just online, I'm a huge slacker with no accountability. I know it works for some to not join, but not for me.

I signed up today, so fingers crossed, I'll see some progress soon!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

I started WW again...(last time was 28 years ago) I know it's a good program and works. Have lost 10+ in last month!!! Yippee!!!

I started WW on January 8. As of this past Monday, I've lost 22.2 pounds.

I have to pay the fee because I have to follow something...not just do it on my own.

I'm paying the fee, too. Their website and phone app (especially the bar code scanner) make it super-easy to track everything, so I feel that it's worth every penny for the convenience. I'm doing the online-only program. I'm a very private person in real life, so the thought of going to meetings is terrifying! Plus, by paying a fee, I'm more likely to stick to the program, if that makes sense.

It's been so easy so far that I'm wondering what took me so long to sign up.

Moonrise, yes that makes sense.
    I am so happy for all of you losing the weight. I need to check it out. I used to belong a long time ago
    but haven't kept up with it.

Weight watchers works! I reached lifetime in 2000 and have kept the weight off ever since. Hang in there. You did not put the weight on quickly, so donít expect it to come off quickly.

We are a WW family and have been for many years. My husband is a life member and goes every month for a a weigh in and lecture. He enjoys being with the people there. We are both at goal weight and I use their materials and have a couple of cook books (I also reference the internet recipes.) The system works because it teaches you about food selection, preparing food from a realistic standpoint. I think it is the best system going. I know how to be thin!

Quote Originally Posted by paoberle View Post
    Weight watchers works! I reached lifetime in 2000 and have kept the weight off ever since. Hang in there. You did not put the weight on quickly, so don’t expect it to come off quickly.
    It is a good program for sure. Losing weight too fast is never a good thing. WW is sensible. I'm ready to rejoin!

You can try "online only." I think it's less expensive than meetings, but you still get all the support of Connect. I'm a meetings gal, but see a lot of people on Connect who are online only. Good luck! Keep up the good work.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

I'm sure that works for some people, but others need/want/enjoy the support of the meetings. Do what works for you.

I am a big (in some ways) supporter of WW. I made lifetime in 2004, gained a bit back, so rejoined last year and lost 33 pounds for a total of 56 pounds. If anyone had ever told me I would weigh 128 at age 69, I would have said they were crazy, but here I am in my size 8 pants and size small tops and it is real!

I joined and lost what I needed to lose. I am a life timer. I keep going to meeting for accountability . I know if I quit I will gain it all back. It keeps me where I want to be.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast