Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anyone here hooked on WEN?

I have tried Wen and didn't care for it. Left my hair feeling greasy. My hair is processed and on the drier side and it still felt greasy. Never mind the price tag on it. I've never heard of just using conditioner. My hair is short so I wash it every day to style it.

Blog Entries
    I have used WEN for several years. My hair is very short and so I use much less than suggested. I even dilute it and use it as a hair spray between shampoos. It really holds my curls and isn't sticky. I will occasionally shampoo with a "normal" shampoo and just rinse and then apply a small amount of WEN.
    Donna
    "A mediocre person tells. A good person explains. A superior person demonstrates. A great person inspires others to see for themselves."
    ~ Harvey MacKay

Blog Entries
    mojo, I thought it was greasy at first, then realized that it was just so soft. now a few weeks after starting to useit, it feels silky soft. I use about 1/4 of what it says to use. then again, I never shampooed rinsed and did it again. once was enough for me.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Did y'all check Amazon? They have a lot of WEN products, but I don't know if they are any cheaper than other places. I have a problem with thinning hair because of a drug I am taking. Not thin hair, but thinning. My part is bigger. I just started Nioxin System 4, plus I use a hairmax comb. Not any worse. Can't tell if it is better. Anyone find WEN helps grow hair back?
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    I have very thinning heair. isn't growing it back, but less falls out and less breakage with it, noticeably less breakage.
    I have whitish/blond hair that is very thing now, and it seems to help with it.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I have baby-fine hair and oily skin/scalp. Not a great combination... I have been using the WEN kids brand for about 2 weeks now and my hair has never felt better. I heard that with fine or thin hair that the adult product could be too thick or heavy, but I figured that if I have baby-fine hair, then I should probably try the children's product. My hair does seem to stay cleaner longer, without turning into the grease mop by the end of the day that is usually does.

It's nice, but very expensive. Not sure I will get it again unless I can find it for cheaper. I had to try it though...

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Also coming from a former hairdresser. Not sure what your natural outgrowth/roots color is, but depending on the percentage of gray you should be able to use a 10 volume or semi with low volume peroxide to just deposit. The hair will only absorb so much color. Any amount of peroxide volume more intense only damages the hair shaft and that is what is giving you problems. Also just do your new growth/roots. You can condition the ends while coloring at the same time. Just take care not to get conditioner on the new growth. I have seen and been around those who use the Wen product. Can't stand the odor. Another thing, you don't need a lot of shampoo. If you just put a dime size dollop in the palm of your hands then work it through your scalp and not so much the ends with the tip of your fingers that's all you need do. Your water makes a difference also
    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    I don't understand.....why a non foaming shampoo? How often do you wash your hair...or maybe, if you color your hair it is over processed, maybe it is dry from lack of natural oils....just thinking out loud here......have you tried an oil treatment - about an hour before shampooing rub in some coconut oil......my old profession of hair dresser is peaking out here.....I always message my scalp vigorously before shampooing...just to stimulate blood flow and natural oils....but I don't shampoo my hair daily.....every third day...other days I cover with one of those old fashioned shower caps before bathing....don't know what WEN is...will have to check it out.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2