Anyone from New Zealand

Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 PM

Default Anyone from New Zealand

We're thinking about visiting New Zealand. Any members from New Zealand?
Old 12-10-2013, 01:31 AM

Yes I am a New Zealander. ( called. Kiwis )
How can I help you?
Old 12-10-2013, 05:02 AM

I am not from New Zealand but visited for a month a few years ago. My husband and I just loved it. Beautiful country, friendly people, lots to see and do. At the end of the month we thought another couple weeks there would have been even better. Loved the beaches on the north island and the wineries! The fjords on the south island were incredibly beautiful. Take the train trip. Oh boy, makes me want to get on the plane and go back.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:00 PM

I have a niece and family over there. They love it. This is their second time to take a job over there. My sister, her mother, has been over there and thought it was a beautiful country.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by kamaiarigby View Post
Yes I am a New Zealander. ( called. Kiwis )
How can I help you?
What part of New Zealand do you live in? What is the best time of year to visit?
Old 12-10-2013, 11:47 PM

I am a Kiwi and lived in NZ for all but the last 20 years when we moved to Australia. I go back to NZ every year. Due to go back in February next year-all my family still live over there. February is summertime and the weather is usually quite settled and warm. It depends what you want to see-if you love snow/mountains etc then winter is also a special time. The scenery is so varied and you do not have to travel far to see quick changes in the scenery. I have lived in both the North and South islands and think the South Island is the prettiest but both have their own special things.
If you want to know anything in particular let me know.
KIWIAUSSIE JEN
Old 12-11-2013, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by bhanes View Post
We're thinking about visiting New Zealand. Any members from New Zealand?
I have had the wonderful opportunity to travel to many countries around the world, but New Zealand is my favorite. As others have said, the two islands are totally different from each other, the scenery is marvelous but the friendly people really make the difference. They do speak a form of English (which is more like a Scottish brogue than US English). The north island is rolling hills, lakes and agricultural areas and some large cities like Aukland. The south island is like Switzerland with soaring mountains and huge lakes. Be sure to take the trip to Milford Sound but I recommend you take a tour rather than driving as the road is very narrow and treacherous, not to mention driving on the left. We rented a small motor home for our tour of the south island but did bed and breakfast in the north. It was fun to meet the people in their homes and learn about them - each was so different from the last. I have also visited more recently for business in the north island and found that little had changed in the 20 years since my first visit there. I highly recommend New Zealand!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:51 PM

Maggiek,
Thanks so much for the info. We're thinking about going in February. I do love to travel and i sounds like you do.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:38 AM

I. live in the northern part of the north Island,
I would recommend to visit here in February/March. The South Island is beautiful then showing its end of summer colors,
We have friends arriving next December to experience our summer Christmas, I would love to see a white christmas