Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone use Free sample guide? >

Anyone use Free sample guide?

Anyone use Free sample guide?

Old 01-06-2019, 05:25 PM

Default Anyone use Free sample guide?

I am intrigued by a web site called freesampleguide.com that claims to provide free samples of products (sems to be toiletries, cleaning supplies, etc.) but I am also leery of anything that promises something for nothing.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:18 PM
Power Poster

Not with this website, but many free samples come with a sneaky monthly purchase plan. Don't supply a credit card for anything (including shipping/handling) that is supposed to be free.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:45 PM

I agree with dunster!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE
Old 01-07-2019, 05:10 AM

My experience is “nothing is free”. There is usually a lot of small print and once they have your credit card you get billed after a few free days! Don’t fall for it.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:15 AM
mac

I agree with everyone. My husband once got a 'free' sample for a product and use his credit card for the shipping and handling. The next thing I realized a few months later is that they kept charging his credit card. Fortunately, I stopped that by calling the credit card place. So, as I always say, 'when in doubt, chicken out.'
Old 01-07-2019, 05:08 PM

I do not use the specific website you mentioned, but I earn quite a bit of pocket money using several sites that pay you for signing up for free offers and other activities. In my experience, the "price" you pay for your "free offer" is having your contact information added to mailing lists, which are sold to many different companies, and you rarely actually receive the product you signed up for.

In over two years of filling out offers almost daily, I have signed up for literally hundreds of free samples. In that time, I have received one sample size bottle of lotion, a box with a baby bottle and some formula samples, and a one year subscription to a magazine. That is all. I have, however, earned several thousand dollars over the past two years for signing up for these offers.

If you want to sign up for a free offer through the site you mentioned (or any other) I highly recommend getting a second email address just for sign ups. Even one offer will put you on more mailing lists than you can possibly imagine. Your email address will get spammed to death. If you provide your home address, you will see an slight increase in your junk mail. Avoid putting your phone number on any offer. I accidentally used my cell number on one single offer. Within a few weeks, I was getting so many solicitation calls that I had to change my number.

The offers that previous posters mentioned that require a credit card for shipping and handling, that end up being a subscription, usually do actually send out the product. But, as they mentioned, do not use you personal credit card. Most of the time you can use a prepaid card if you really want the item.

Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by mac View Post
I agree with everyone. My husband once got a 'free' sample for a product and use his credit card for the shipping and handling. The next thing I realized a few months later is that they kept charging his credit card. Fortunately, I stopped that by calling the credit card place. So, as I always say, 'when in doubt, chicken out.'
This happened to me, too. It was a "free" watch if I paid $6.99 shipping. Next thing I know they're charging my credit card $98 a month and mailing me another cheap watch (over a month after the charge) for my hundred dollars. Nevermore.