Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use a Keurig coffee machine?

Blog Entries
    My DH uses his Keurig daily. We use coupons (koo ponz) at Bed, Bath & Beyond to make the individual cups more affordable. He is the only coffee drinker and likes the convenience of it. Our neighbor has had 3 of the Keurigs (she bought the highest priced one), with the company replacing the previous one(s) due to something or other not being right after using it for awhile. We bought a mid priced Keurig and it has worked fine for over 3 years.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

My children brought me one before we moved to Utah & I love it. Coffee shops here are few & far between

I have had a Keurig for about 3 years. Wonderful customer service when needed. Cafe Express' (Green Mountain coffee club) has 10/15% savings when ordered through them and free shipping when you order 4 boxes. Once again wonderful customer service. Enjoy.

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

I also use one cup twice. Really taste great. Too strong for one cup per cup.

I love mine! I got mine 3 or 4 yrs ago. I fill my own cups reusing the purchased k cups. I purchased plastic lids made for this purpose from www.my-kap.com. I have been doing this for years. I use regular coffee or purchase the flavored coffees. I also use the coffee syrups that I found in the coffee aisle at Sams. I also have a regular coffee maker if I want to make a whole pot. The Keurig also dispenses just hot water for a cup of tea, cider, or hot chocolate. The grands really love this feature. My K makes from 4 oz up to 16 oz cups. My husband who doesn't like new things really likes it too! It took him over a year to try out our microwave when we got our 1st one back in the 80's
    Kathy Stewart from IA
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kath_stirut

Blog Entries
    love mine. have the one with a larger tank for water.

I have long maintained that the first cup of coffee is always the best and no matter how quickly you get back for another, it is never as good as the first cup, therefore, for me, Keurig makes perfect sense, I love mine!
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

I've been ordering refills from Staples.com. 18 K-cups for $11 with free shipping to your local store for pickup.

My parents and daughter both have them and LOVE them. I don't drink coffee.
    Country 1

I have one that my kids got my husband for Christmas last year. We love it, in fact my son liked it so well that his wife bought him one for his birthday. He uses regular coffee in his and it tastes just like the litttle cups.

Pat in MN

I'm on my second Keurig!!! Their customer support is excellant as well since I had problems with my first one. It really works best if you buy cheap bottled water to use instead of tap water...that was their suggestion and I've used it ever since. Great way to drink coffee and read Quilting Board all at the same time!!!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    DD In UT bought one while we were out there and loved it(a TDay evening sale at Target) .. DH even loved it, told him with me being off work this Christmas-can't do it maybe next if I get a job. But when we go out to UT, he can play with it and experiment to see if he even really likes it that much to buy it ..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Looooove my Keurig and would not want to be without one! For anyone who doesn't know this, from the Keurig website you can buy sampler packs of coffee with 5 cups in each pack for under $4.00. That way you can get to try a lot of different coffees to see what you do and don't like before buying the bigger packs. I just bought a whole bunch myself! Keurig also makes many different kinds of tea, including iced tea (I've tried a bunch of teas and loved all of them), and their Swiss Miss hot chocolate is awesome (I don't like the more expensive kinds of hot chocolate, just the regular old Swiss Miss!).
    Last edited by DonnaC; 11-26-2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Typos!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    My daughters all own one. I prefer my BUNN coffee maker. when I make coffee I plan on being here to drink the pot. (I am retired) The girls have both the vue and the original. they love the variety too. me-not so much. I just want regular coffee. sometimes I go wild and put french vanilla creamer in!
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Blog Entries
    Hubby doesn't drink coffee and I only drink about 2 cups every morning so it is perfect for me. I love the coffeemaker.

Blog Entries
    We LOVE ours!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I like the idea of them but dont have one...I will wait until Cusinart or Kitchen Aid comes out with one. I feel that too many people have too many problems with Keurig brand.

I am on my second one. When the first one went, I couldn't wait to get to town and get another one. After a lifetime of really lousy coffee, I finally can brew a perfect cup, time after time and I enjoy every one of them. I do have an eco-filter thingy too but don't like the coffee unless I use the little paper filters too, don't like sludge. You can buy the paper filters to go into the eco filter and it is worth the extra price and then you can use your regular ground coffee, which saves quite a bit, but the K cups are still my favorite.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Blog Entries
    Got dh one for bd last yr. He said the same thing about one cup.
    now he doesnt know how he luved without it.

Love, love, love our Keurig! DH and I like different flavors of coffee so the single cup format is great for us. I also love the Swiss Miss hot chocolate. In fact, think I may just make myself a cup right now!

Blog Entries
    DH got one for his birthday yesterday. We got the keurig,instead of the Tassimo, because they have Starbucks brand coffee. So far he is loving it, but drinking lots and lots of coffee. We will see if he sleeps tonight.

DD wants to try hot chocolate with it.

I am a tea snob and will not be using it for tea.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Blog Entries
    We have the reusable cup and use our own coffee, and love it, We do do regrind and I am an avid coffee drinker, and it makes a GREAT cup of coffee every time. I have another machine called Flavia Fusion and it takes pouches. i get creamy topping for cappuccino and make it to go on top of my coffee,Wonderful. We drink coffee all day and i make one big 12 cup pot in the mornings and put the reserve in a thermos pot so it stays hot and does not get strong on the burner,LOVE MY COFFEE
    "I do not understand ,how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to" ( and mine is my summer houseboat on a beautiful KY lake.) quote by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings.

We got a Keurig about a month ago at Costco and got a rebate. Since DH can only use decaf this works great for us and I can get my reg. coffee. We are both one or two cups a day so this is much less wasteful. We were always throwing away half a pot or more. When we have company I use the regular coffee maker because it does figure out to quite expensive per cup.

I saw the other day where the reuseablecup is only $5.00 now. It used to be $15.00, so that should help.

Ladibug

Blog Entries
    I have the Breville model.it has a filter for the water which removes the chlorine. I love mine. For a year I was buying the k-cups, but at forty dollars a month was getting expensive. I've started using my Folgers, using one scoop for a large cup, and actually prefer that over the k-cups. I agree, it comes down to finding the right grounds to water ratio to please your buds. I don't think I'll own any other coffee pot again. Love mine!!!
    The Quilting Bear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast