Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watch Westminster dog show?

Anyone watch Westminster dog show?

..........what about the winner! I have some reservations about how some breeds are presented, but who am I???
    Fun to watch....

they all look like winners to me

I didn't watch it. Our main radio station has said it was a Beagle, Miss P that won. I thought it might be a Shih Tzu, they are so popular now, cute, funny and smart.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

We haven't had a tv for many years, but when we did it was my favorite program of the year, much anticipated and thoroughly enjoyed.

It was fun to watch. Love to see all the beautiful dogs.
    Marilyn

I didn't see it listed but then I seldom watch anything on my local channels. I always root for the Westie. I was lucky to have two of them in my life. They are fun but are always anxious to please.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Yes, I agree, love seeing all those cuties......I am fascinated with the pulling (sp) and the commodore .....wonder how that rope like fur feels. I guess I wonder why they have the longhaired breeds or the "furries" so extreme......some just look so uncomfortable and cumbersome with all that fur.....we have Weimaraners (2).. One blind, the other a therapy..., prior to these have always had "heinz57's". They are all loyal friends........

the beagle wasn't groomed to the nth degree! Miss P could be the All-American dog. We had beagles and golden retrievers. The goldens needed brushed all the time. The beagle needed baths! both fun dogs to love on!

I watch it, but the breeds I like never seem to win; oh well. It's great to see all those beautiful dogs :-)

Yes, I saw it. Still waiting for my favorite breed to win, but I do love Beagles also. I went to a show once where the judge had to say OUT LOUD what he did or did not like about each dog.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    great looking beagle... Miss P
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I didn't watch it but my late dad raised beagles and I know he and his field champions are smiling.

Both of my sister's dogs are closely related to one of the Great Danes in this years show. Last summer, I assisted his handler at ring side by holding his leash while she was in the ring with another dog. The big galoot seemed to find some comfort in standing with one of his huge feet on top of one of my feet...I did not notice until I took my socks off at bedtime that his enormous weight had ground my littlest toe nail right off...blood everywhere. I think my foot had gone numb, and I was so distracted that I never noticed! Lesson learned...do not let a full grown Great Dane stand on your foot. Ever.

Blog Entries
    I love watching the dog show!

Blog Entries
    I didn't watch but as a beagle lover I was happy to hear that Miss P won.

Blog Entries
    watched some of it. my favorite is the Wheaton terrier just love the fur on them.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I did and agree with you. I thought the Beagle was "cute". My dad had one as did our son. We raised Great Danes and, to me, those shows are very "political". There were judges who didn't like some of the breeds and made it obvious. I still love to watch them tho'. It's expensive to show and you have to hire a handler, which takes all the enjoyment out of it.
    Dodee

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    watched some of it. my favorite is the Wheaton terrier just love the fur on them.
    Wheatens are DEFINITELY my favorite.
    Pat

Blog Entries

Never miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    ..........what about the winner! I have some reservations about how some breeds are presented, but who am I???
    Fun to watch....
    I'm not a big fan of the Beagle in general. We have a sighthound so I'm always rooting for the Borzoi to win that Group.

My dog Hunter was at the Westminster in 2003, great experience even though we couldn't afford to go with him so he went with his handler. I do have a question that perhaps fellow exhibitor's might know the answer to. Are only GCH allowed to enter instead of just a Champion? I totally forget how a dog becomes a Grand Champion, number of shows won, number of dogs defeated?

Watched it and amazed my self by picking the Beagle for best and then the runner up as well, not familiar with that breed. But Miss P was adorable and I love beagles as well.

We used to raise Siberian Huskies. Did some showing ourselves and had a friend who showed some for us. I agree with Dodee Poliltical . but then what isn't these days? It was a fun hobby but expensive. I still love the breed as they are sooooo loving but have a mind of their own. We loved to watch the obedience classes when at a show. It is very difficult to train a Siberian in obedience. This is due to the fact that they have a mind of their own and this is due to the fact that they are a 'working dog'. If they sense trouble ahead 'when pulling' they will go their own way.

watched most of it and I too think that one judge was esp. biased when picking the winners. All four had long hair to the floor. I was rooting for the short haired chihuaua in this group. Had way more personality than the others. I was happy with BOS picks, the beagle and sky terrier.
    margee

Blog Entries
    *** Saw part of it.
    *** Did not see the Beagle, but glad she won.
    *** Beagles are my favorite.
    *** Always had them growing up. Dad was a rabbit hunter.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Just saw the beagle in a commercial, shes precious. I think her name is miss P

I never seem to pick the winner either, but I do love to watch all the gorgeous breeds....I wouldn't want most of them, but love some a lot.....I'm a little dog lover so love seeing the miniature breeds.....they never seem to win, but I still love 'em....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast