Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Attention: Cat owners

You can google house plants harmful to cats and find a list of plants to keep away from cats. Also several foods are harmful to cats. Among them are chocolate, grapes and raisins. There are several more, so I would google that also.

A WARNING! Keep all thread away from kitty. A friend of mine had a beautiful Himalayan cat that got hold of a spool of thread and started playing with it. It unrolled and the cat swallowed a good sized length of thread. It wrapped around her intestines. The vet did surgery, but could not save the cat. Thread will cut into a cat or dog's intestines. Be very careful of pins and needles. I just keep everything in drawers or behind cabinet doors. (We just got a new kitten last week after losing our 15 year old Birman cat to cancer in January so I have had to kitten-proof our house again.)

Keep your jewelry put away if your not wearing it. I take my rings off at night to apply lotion to my hands and sometimes forget to put them back on. My calico will pick up a ring and carry it away. I'm still missing one she took off with several years ago. She also jumps up on my dresser and grabs an earring. Usually I'm able to find the missing object in a few days. She grabs puzzle pieces, chess pieces, anything that will fit in her mouth. She's a little thief, but I love her so.
    Next to God we are indebted to women, first for life itself, and then for making it worth having.

Christian Nestell Bovee,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2