Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Wow 19 people in our group. Sounds like a big group this month. Lets go ladies. Summer should an easier time to eat healthy. There are so many yummy fresh veggies and fruits available. We had fresh fish last night. My boys caught them yesterday and we ate them.MMMM! Love fish. We don't eat a lot as we are about 1000 miles from an ocean and it is expensive here. I missed my spinning class yesterday because I had company all day. Had a delicious lunch (not healthy) and a good visit. I made a salted caramel white chocolate cheesecake. OMG to die for. I had a small piece and got rid of the leftovers. Back on track today. I still need to figure it out but I am pretty sure I used up all of my extra weight watcher points for the whole week yesterday.
    It looks like rain here today. I am taking my mom out to lunch for her birthday today. SHe will be 86. We are going to Panera. One tip from WW always try to plan what you will order in a restaurant before you get there so you don't overindulge. Everyone have a good week.
    Pat

There are some good choices at Panera. They have the calorie count right up there on the menu board. I used to get a half sandwich/half salad; now I get soup and salad. Try to remember to ask for an apple as your side.
    Some good tips there, Kathleen.
    Food has been tough on me with my kids home. They will be gone on the 20th. Hopefully my hubby will get a job soon and I can get back to my normal routine.

Kathleen, thanks for the great info again this week! It seems like things we all do know but don't put into practice nearly as much as we should. Like drinking water...I have to get better at that, esp since I live in Fl now.

19 in the group is awesome! That may be our biggest group ever.
    .* .*)) -::-
    ((.*~Dody.*))
    -::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...

Blog Entries
    Wow Irish, great loss for the month. Everyone keep up the good work. I have been commissioned to make a baby quilt. We agreed on a price, so I had better get my butt moving on it. The baby is almost one. She also is about 3 weeks pregnant with her second and she will want a quilt for that one too. She is hoping for a girl this time. SHe wants to wait until she knows the sex to order that one.
    I just had an avocado egg for breakfast. Something I found on Pintrest. You take an avocado half and scoop a little bit out to make a well for an egg. Put it in a dish with a little bit of space for overflow and spray the dish with Pam. Sprinkle to top with some cooked bacon or whatever you want and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 until the egg is done to your liking. Very yummy and healthy breakfast. I also had some melon and raspberries from the garden.

Blog Entries
    My FQ will be arriving Late. I will send Septembers too, so I am not behind for that one. I am taking a class tomorrow night at the quilt shop and will pick them up then. They will be posted first thing Friday morning.

I was doing fairly well until last night. Last night a bag of potato chips landed in my shopping cart. But the last week of the month we will be camping and that means lots of walking, swimming etc.

The tough days will be the days we go to the fair. I will try to pack healthy snacks.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Oops! I totally forgot to get my FQ in the mail. Heading out in a few min to go the the fair with 2 daughters and grand daughter. This is tough, I don't think they have much of anything "good" to eat there. And this is my once a year to have a little funnel cake. I will try to be good.
    Hopefully I will remember to get my FQ's in the mail tomorrow. Sorry
    Hope everyone has a blessed day!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

I like the chicken noodle soup at Panera and if memory serves it is not too bad as far as calories and fat.

Mailed my FQ on Tuesday. Went to the fair last night with daughter and family. Shared elephant ear and rootbeer float and still lost when I got on scale this morning.

Blog Entries
    The mailman brought me a present yesterday. The batiks are so pretty. I have tons of batiks upstairs and I don't think any of them are duplicates of what I have. I can't wait to make something with them. I was thinking of making the Josephs Coat that is on here. It was a pattern I was looking at when the tutorial appeared one day. I have a baby quilt to make first as she is paying me well for it. I should go pretty fast. I took my machine in for service today. It needs cleaning and I need a new foot control. Sometimes when I stop sewing the machine keeps going. The machine should be ready on Saturday. The foot control will hopefully be in next week. I had to go to the LQS that I don't like for the service. She is a Janome dealer and is very good. Just don't like the place. My DIL asked my DS to get her a yoga bag while he is here they are too expensive in Japan. I found some good fabric in my stash and need to make the yoga by Tuesday. I do have my old machine to sew on, I just don't like it as well. My DS leaves on Tuesday. He did request we go to Arbys on Tuesday.

I was up 1 lb. on Monday, but back down .6 today. I've got to get this under control. I have a family reunion coming up this Saturday. I'll be okay if I stay away from the dessert table. That's my weakness. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I know I don't participate in the weight loss FQ swap, but I wanted to share my exciting news. I'm down another 5 1/2#s for a total of 36.5#s (I started counting calories April 1st) Bonus good news - I've been down graded from obese to plain old over weight!

I know I'm not skinny and I have no intention of EVER being skinny again, but I'm feeling more & more like the sassy middle age woman I envision myself to be!

Thanks for letting me share

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thequilteddove View Post
    I know I don't participate in the weight loss FQ swap, but I wanted to share my exciting news. I'm down another 5 1/2#s for a total of 36.5#s (I started counting calories April 1st) Bonus good news - I've been down graded from obese to plain old over weight!
    You are always welcome here. We especially like good news and 5 1/2 pounds down is good news!

If obese is more than 20% of your ideal body weight overweight, then I am not obese either, but I wish the pounds I do need to lose would leave. I would like to repeat last month's loss, but I know it's not likely. My goal for this month is 2 pounds.

MY FQ is ready to go. I couldn't find my fall bag of fabric but I found a FQ in subdued colors - not a lot of that in my stash.

I have a family reunion Saturday, too. The food will be better this week than the class reunion's was last week. I will be careful. Desserts aren't an issue unless someone makes something gluten free, but good salads are a problem and they aren't usually low calorie. One niece is a chef with a another new certification - she will bring something yummy.

I worked outside today - I feel like I burned some calories. My daylilies aren't getting enough sun so I am replacing them with hostas. Lots of digging and bending. A friend stopped by to help weed a different garden so I had to help there, too.

Have a good, clean eating day.

Quote Originally Posted by craftygater View Post
    Mailed my FQ on Tuesday. Went to the fair last night with daughter and family. Shared elephant ear and rootbeer float and still lost when I got on scale this morning.
    Your FQ arrived today. thanks for sending
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    The mailman brought me a present yesterday. The batiks are so pretty. I have tons of batiks upstairs and I don't think any of them are duplicates of what I have. I can't wait to make something with them. I was thinking of making the Josephs Coat that is on here. It was a pattern I was looking at when the tutorial appeared one day. I have a baby quilt to make first as she is paying me well for it. I should go pretty fast. I took my machine in for service today. It needs cleaning and I need a new foot control. Sometimes when I stop sewing the machine keeps going. The machine should be ready on Saturday. The foot control will hopefully be in next week. I had to go to the LQS that I don't like for the service. She is a Janome dealer and is very good. Just don't like the place. My DIL asked my DS to get her a yoga bag while he is here they are too expensive in Japan. I found some good fabric in my stash and need to make the yoga by Tuesday. I do have my old machine to sew on, I just don't like it as well. My DS leaves on Tuesday. He did request we go to Arbys on Tuesday.
    Glad your batiks arrived safe and sound. Enjoy them.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I know I'm not skinny and I have no intention of EVER being skinny again, but I'm feeling more & more like the sassy middle age woman I envision myself to be!

Anyone is welcome to join us and share. We encourage all. It just means you are not able to win the pot of FQ's.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  213.0 KB
    Been wanting to try a small project with hexies....this is what I just finished tonight.

Blog Entries
    I spent some time in the hot tub Thursday night with the girls. It involved quite a bit of wine and laughing. I really needed it. They all came up with a new theory on calories. I am known for my desserts. They decided that once the calories in a dish reach a certain number(really high) your body gets so happy it doesn't count those. Sure wish this was true. I am making a heaven and hell cake for my mom's birthday party on Sunday. Devils food, layered with angel food, filled with peanut butter mousse and topped with ganache.(it will be gluten free). No calories in that is there?
    I worked on a yoga bag yesterday. It is coming out nice. I am using an old sewing machine as mine is in for a tune up. I sure miss my good machine. It is so much nicer to use. I can't wait to get it back!
    Healthy eating to all. Watch all those sneaky calories at parties. Sometimes the things we think are ok to eat have a lot of hidden stuff in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowirish View Post
    Woohoo countrymaid! I'm on track to reach onderland before my birthday in Oct...wouldn't that just be the greatest gift to myself?... Well, except for fabric maybe
    I'm an October girl myself. I love the fall. It's my nesting time and I get more sewing done. Just too much running in the spring and summer.
    countrymaid- I clean up after the kids, the husband and the farm animals

Blog Entries
    The cake looks wonderful. Too bad I have a caramel apple cake with penuche icing already started for tomorrow. I know two people who would enjoy the Heaven and hell cake. Hmm.

I want this quilt that needs expanding off my machine so I can do something fun. I worked on it last night, but it hurt my back so I didn't get far.

Shadowirish, your basket is adorable. What do you intend to use it for?

Early to bed tonight so I can stay awake driving tomorrow. I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy

Blog Entries

You are doing great RoseAnne. Glad you are here.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowirish View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  213.0 KB
    Been wanting to try a small project with hexies....this is what I just finished tonight.
    That is so pretty. I would like to make some of these for Christmas, and add some goodies to it.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Countrymaid, I also lose weight better in the fall. I use to do ok in the summer, but since I stay so dry all the time with Sjogrens', I always want ice cream. I never in the past, before this became active, was much of an ice cream eater.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Thanks Irishrose. Right now its a thread catcher beside my living room chair, don't rightly know yet where it wants to call home.

junebillie, it was pretty easy to do. This is where I found it.
    http://uggabearcottage.blogspot.com/...-tutorial.html

Blog Entries
    So sorry ladies, I have to withdraw. I was going to get my fq posted today (late I realize), when my dh was injured at work. Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.

I am a stress eater and my IBS flares up when I am stressed.

I will not be able to make a meaningful contribution to this thread or my own weigh loss journey this month.

I did however hear that Batiks will be up for grabs in a month or so, and I just saw a trunk show of Cantik Batiks. Just loved them. Absolutely wonderful for landscape quilts.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    So sorry ladies, I have to withdraw. I was going to get my fq posted today (late I realize), when my dh was injured at work. Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.

I am a stress eater and my IBS flares up when I am stressed.

I will not be able to make a meaningful contribution to this thread or my own weigh loss journey this month.

I did however hear that Batiks will be up for grabs in a month or so, and I just saw a trunk show of Cantik Batiks. Just loved them. Absolutely wonderful for landscape quilts.
    So sorry to hear of your husband's accident. Hope the surgery is successful and he has a speedy recovery.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast