Camper/RV advice?

Old 07-13-2014, 05:58 AM

Wow! Thank you everyone! And the RVtravel website looks like a wealth of info! Off to read!
Old 07-13-2014, 06:30 AM

There's nothing like camping in the first place. If it be in a trailer 5th wheel or pop up. I camped my whole life in a tent. I don't care for campers or trailer, Rv's only because to me it's to much like home. My son has a 43ft expando on a seasonal campground he used go o different places but are now in new permanent place and they love it, they go whenever they want as long as they want. They both work so if they are not all able to go as a family, one or the other takes the kids. They have all the comforts of home right on Lake Michigan and the Dunes. You will love it.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:49 PM

I own both an RV and a camping trailer that we tow. The RV is for smaller trips and the trailer is for our 3 month trips. We always have bought used after our first brand new one. Was told they trade in good and that is not exactly the truth. We have always been very happy with our trailers. Look for one that your vehicle can tow, you want more power than less. Go on Craigslist and look them over: front kitchens, rear kitchens, middle kitchens. Get as much storage as you can, you will use it. Before you buy,make sure everything works great, no matter what!

I love traveling in my own bed with linens that are clean and I know are clean. Buy a Federal Pass for $25 and camp in Corp of Engineers Parks for $10 or state parks. I have camped in 49 states now and consider myself lucky.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:08 PM

WE still use tents.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:57 PM

My husband loves camping and I don't really! When our son got his family a travel trailer my husband REALLY wanted to be able to go camping with them. So we rented a few times, for me having a trailer was a huge difference from camping in a tent. Since then, many of our friends and their kids starting going on our camping trips with us. I am still not in love with camping but I do love going with friends, and I love that I can go in and lay down, cool off in the AC if I need to. We ended up buying a used truck and used trailer, we do a lot of camping not too far from home too, it saves on gas and the trip isn't as exhausting for me.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:55 PM

Had one before gas got outrageous. Fun way to travel. Went from New York to Alaska in it. It was a 32 footer. Plenty of room and all the amenities. Expensive to keep up and maintain. Loved it but could not afford it any longer. Rent and enjoy.