Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I vent?

Oh NO - a clean "NEW" sewing room !! While I'm on bedrest for a couple more weeks, Dear Husband asked me if I'd like the popcorn scraped off the ceiling and my sewing room repainted. Sure!

What I did not know is he is moving everthing out of my sewing room to do this! I mean EVERYTHING is moving to the living room.

All my secrets revealed!!
    Did I know I had so much stash and stuff? NO
    Did he know I had so much stash and stuff? NO
    Can I "stop the insanity"? NO

When DH is finshed -
    Will I have a cleaned, organized sewing room?
    Will I ever find everything, my things again?
    Will I stay married when this is finished?

ROFL - might as well laugh as cry!

Having a clean slate may turn out to be a blessing!

Blog Entries
    All your secerts uncovered.

I'm sure the room will be great when he is done. It's going to take a while to find everything though. Your post made me laugh.

Having a well stocked sewing room is like having a well stocked pantry! That's what I told my DH. He knows I can go to our pantry and whip up a dinner from pantry ingredients- hence we save by eating at home, no tip, healthier and sometimes even tastier. It's the same with the right materials and tools for sewing. After seeing all the organized fabrics in closet recently, he said " Wow, you are so organized and probably have almost enough fabric to choose your projects." Smart man!!

I had to laugh at your post!
    Sorry about all your secrets revealed.
    But the bright side will be an amazing room.
    You'll probably have to look high & low as to where he put things.

Blog Entries
    i wouldn't mind having my secrets uncovered if someone would redo my sewing area for me. :)

Be sure to take a before and after pictures for us! Bet you will love it.

Blog Entries
    Not my sewing room, but once while I was gone for a week, hubby decided to re-do our den into a guest bedroom. Now my den had all my sewing and craft supplies, books, etc., plus my make-up desk and drawers filled with my "junk". When I came home, he had given away my huge desk and chest combo( nice big drawers) , everything was put in different places. That was three years ago and I am still trying to find things!! I keep telling him to leave my things alone and don't do me any favors as a surprise!

Blog Entries
    just point out to him that over the years all the money saved on psychotherapy went into your stash!!

Thank you, you gave me my morning chuckle. Would be great to see before and after pics !!

My sewing room is in the dining area of our kitchen so I do not have too many secrets.

Power Poster
    Oh No! That's like someone going through your lingerie drawer. I hope that you can whip your room back in shape when you are feeling better. It makes me tired just thinking about it. When my husband gets in a "creative" mood I say, "if it ain't broke, DON'T fix it!"

After this you may be really ill. I know the feeling. We had a new security system put in and the installer had to find the security box. Well, it is located in the closet of my sewing room. He and my husband pulled out "stuff" to get to the box! My husband just shook his head.
    Your room will be just fine!

Blog Entries
    Yes, you will and for him to do this for you, he more than likely understands you and accepts you for who you are so what you have in stash is moot compared to having a husband who is helping you with a remodeled sewing space. That said, rest, recover, and rejoice in knowing your 'new space' will be so much more organized and enjoyable to work in when you can get back in there and get busy again. Think how much brighter your room will be without that dreadful dark popcorn hanging over your head!
    When he is done, do you think he could come over and scrape our popcorn too?

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    Not my sewing room, but once while I was gone for a week, hubby decided to re-do our den into a guest bedroom. Now my den had all my sewing and craft supplies, books, etc., plus my make-up desk and drawers filled with my "junk". When I came home, he had given away my huge desk and chest combo( nice big drawers) , everything was put in different places. That was three years ago and I am still trying to find things!! I keep telling him to leave my things alone and don't do me any favors as a surprise!
    Things would have been VERY COOL around our place for quite some time - especially for giving away the desk and chest combo.

If I would not have been cooling off in jail for "justifiable homicide" !

Power Poster
    double post

OMG...I'm having heart palpitations just thinking about it. :shock:

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
    OMG...I'm having heart palpitations just thinking about it. :shock:
    ME TOO!!!!

But, you do NOT want to leave *anything* in a space that is being "de-pop-corned", I promise you!!

I have taken almost 7 years to get over my experience with that and the workers who did the job while I was not in town....without covering a damn thing (sorry but there's NO other word for it!) nor cleaning up after themselves.

Horrid, hideous experience. Since then I've refused to live in a space (rental) with pop-corned celiings.....who the heck came up with that idea anyway??

Think how much fun it will be to reorganize and get reacquainted with "stuff" in your new space....keep telling yourself that! :-D

Jan in VA

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Be thankful he moved the stuff out. My DH would have just scrapped the stuff off and let it fall all over my stuff.

Just think of all the things you are going to find as you put it all back together.

Quote Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    Just think of all the things you are going to find as you put it all back together.
    Yep! It will be like Christmas!

Blog Entries
    Ooooooh no!!!!

Blog Entries
    i hear and feel your pain. when my huby decides he wants to "clean" the area of my sewing room (sewing and computer share a loft) i tell him that i will join his idea and clean his workshop! he usually stops with just straightening the desk top in front of the computer. my side of the loft is a mess, but my mess.

I think most husbands know more about our sewing "secrets" than we realize and just keep quiet because it makes us happy.

Be THANKFUL he's moving everything out of the room before removing the popcorn from the ceiling. I've removed it from EVERY room in my house (including a 25x25 room!) and that is one messy job! You don't want that stuff in your fabric or machines.

Congrats on getting the new room!!

Blog Entries
    well, it'll be clean when you get everything back in - and if you've been stashing, you'll get to find "new" to you treasures!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast