Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you stand your own picture?

It's really sad how many of us can't stand to see ourselves in pictures. In discussing quilt labels with the creator's picture on them, so many have said they would not want their own picture on it.

I can totally relate, but I've learned the hard way that it's only my perception and that I don't look nearly as bad as I think I do.
    We went to Hawaii a few years ago and had a totally awesome time. I took around 600 pictures. I am in exactly one picture that was taken by someone else. I was at my all time highest weight. But you know what? When my family looks at that picture they never say, "Wow, look how fat mom was!" No, they start talking about how much fun that vacation was.

I don't want to leave my kids thousands of pictures of them and only one or two of me.

Next time the camera is out, slip your arm around someone else (you can hide some "hip-age") and smile big!

I do not like pictures of myself. I love pictures of everybody else.

My hobbie (re-enacting) requires that I like getting my picture took. I've had a lot of people tell me that I have a great smile, but I think I look like a goon. :( :)

I hate pictures of myself. But I do know that we are our own worst critics and I hope my children have some good pictures of me to remember me by when I am gone.

Quote Originally Posted by aorlflood
    I hate pictures of myself. But I do know that we are our own worst critics and I hope my children have some good pictures of me to remember me by when I am gone.
    Are you kidding me? You have a killer smile! You are so gorgeous. I'm going to put YOUR face on MY quilts! :idea:

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I haven't seen a good pic of me in years until I took the one of my avatar. The only reason I took that one was because Marsye wanted to see what others looked like. Figured I couldn't look as bad as her avatar. Usually my double chin shows badly and makes my face look twice it's size and I look so aged these days. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

bj
    I could probably like mine if they didn't look so much like me.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bj
    !!!

I liked the ones of me from 30 years ago!

I don't "hate" pictures of myself....It just seems I always get caught with the goofiest looks on my face....Of coarse I do make a lot of goofy faces :? I've been told I have a very expressive face...Is that a nice way of saying goofy? hahaha...At my age I don't worry about it much..This is it, it ain't gonna get any better!!

Quote Originally Posted by UglyCook
    Quote Originally Posted by aorlflood
    Are you kidding me? You have a killer smile! You are so gorgeous. I'm going to put YOUR face on MY quilts! :idea:
    Oh wow! That's quite a compliment! Thanks! :D

I look at everyone's avatar here and think how nice they look and "don't they look like someone who would be nice to meet".

We are so much more accepting of others than we are of ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by bj
    Yep that's me!!!! Although others try to tell me that I am beautiful, I don't see it.

Blog Entries
    Mama always said, "Pretty is is Pretty does". It's great that you all are pretty on the inside as well as the outside!

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple Princess
    My hobbie (re-enacting) requires that I like getting my picture took. I've had a lot of people tell me that I have a great smile, but I think I look like a goon. :( :)
    I think you are quite lovely looking, not goonish at all. :)

Oh I hate my picture taken. I would rather take pictures.

Blog Entries
    I think my avatar says it all. ....and I am going to Hawaii in two weeks. Already bracing for the pics but I will pose!

I don't like pictures of myself any more... I feel good. I feel 'pretty', until I see a picture & the woman look'n back at me doesn't resemble the me any more! Being 70#s over weight has messed up my looks! When I was only 40#s over weight I still saw 'me'. Oh well, such is life *sighs* My avatar is 40#s ago.

Blog Entries
    At the moment I hate my pic... I have put on a lot of weight.... you would think that would induce me to lose weight :oops: NOT

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I can promise you all something here- we ALL look better than the celebrities who don't even look human anymore!!

You are all so funny, I'm not saying that I like mine taken, but how sad is it when someone passes and the family only has their graduation pic from 67 to remember them by!!
    I'm one that has 1 bb photo at 18 mos. I'm guessing camera was broke now thats sad. (or neighbors kid like my sister tells me) haha... we all look too much alike for that. or only family photos are taken at funerals, only time all are together, and dresses up. whew guess had some opinion on that subject.... sorry if I ranted on and on.
    Stand in pic and smile !!! :)

Pam
    I have been a professional tour guide for nearly 20 years and there are pictures of me all over the world, I am sure. The only contintnent I cannot think of is Antarctica where there are no pics of me, but I am horribly self concious, I seriously envy my dogs and horses, they never care how they look, they are just happy to be alive and to greet the day.

Anyway I did put up a couple of me here but probably will not again.

I am usually the one taking the pics so there are very few of me. My dad has taken some but I always stick out my tongue at him so they are funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have never been "photogenic". We just had a family picture taken & have decided that my DD is the only one who naturally takes good pictures. I also don't like the fact that I am 50 pounds heavier than when I got married. But I will show you a picture of us anyway. It's not too bad!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlys
    I have never been "photogenic". We just had a family picture taken & have decided that my DD is the only one who naturally takes good pictures. I also don't like the fact that I am 50 pounds heavier than when I got married. But I will show you a picture of us anyway. It's not too bad!
    A good looking family, to be sure!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    That is a very nice pic. I think your whole family looks great.

I hate having my picture taken, I look horrible in photos.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast