Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Cancel your credit cards before you die

Mail still arrives at my address for my ex-husband who remarried, moved out of state and since passed away three years ago! Mostly, I get hearing aid junk mail...I guess they think he can't hear them!

Blog Entries
    This happened to me after my DH passed in 2008 and I'm still getting a monthly statement and collection calls on a charge card that was paid off in full then closed by DH in 2005 and they actually said "how do we know the Death Certificate is real" Up to that point I had been polite -not so much after that.

When my Sisters mother in-law died her husband went to clean out the Apartment and collect the deposit. Manager said no that there was not a 2 weeks notice. My Brother in-law told manager they did not know she was going to die. So how could she give a notice. Took them a while to get the deposit back.

OMG LMAO!!

priceless!!

Blog Entries
    When my DH passed, he had been on unemployment. I called them the day after he passed. For 6 years after that, I got a bill every month for the return of unemployment paid during the time he was gone. (I never got any checks), and when I insisted that they check their records, I was told that there was no proof of mailing, nor of cashing the checks, but the debt was declared valid, since it was "on the books"! I finally sent them a change of address form, from the post office, telling them to forward all mail to his new address.
    Road Less Traveled
    Backside of the Pearly Gates
    Heaven, Paradise
    I haven't heard from them since!

Blog Entries
    Then these banks wonder why they are not making money.

I seen this one a couple times and laugh everytime I read it

After my FIL passed away my MIL kept getting phone calls for him- selling insurance, shutters, whatever. One of these calls came through and she kept saying he wasn't there. She didn't want to say he had died cause then the caller would know she was a widow and home alone. This particular caller kept on and on and finally said something to the effect that she wasn't very smart if she didn't know where he was or when he would return. She replied, "Not as stupid as someone trying to talk to a dead man!" No calls from that source after that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly
    When my DH passed, he had been on unemployment. I called them the day after he passed. For 6 years after that, I got a bill every month for the return of unemployment paid during the time he was gone. (I never got any checks), and when I insisted that they check their records, I was told that there was no proof of mailing, nor of cashing the checks, but the debt was declared valid, since it was "on the books"! I finally sent them a change of address form, from the post office, telling them to forward all mail to his new address.
    Road Less Traveled
    Backside of the Pearly Gates
    Heaven, Paradise
    I haven't heard from them since!
    Love this one.

Got a letter from GE Money. Paid that account off 5 years ago, but never closed the account. GE Money now informs me that my account is closed due to lack of activity and this will show as a negative on my credit account. It took them 5 years to close an account!!. But we still get telemarketers try to sell insurance to our daughter, they ask for her by name. Since our granddaughter has the same name, I ask them to identify her by age. When I inform that she has passed, they are very surprised.

the night my mom died, I called immediately to cancel the visiting nurse due about 18 hours later. I left a very extensive message, per my mom's directions, thanking them. Repeating, no need to come, mom is dead. I get a call a few hours later. seems the woman didn't listen to the message. So I said, I called to leave a message before because my mother died in the night. Her question to me? do I want to reschedule the visit. I said,yeah, but when? she'll still be dead next week. Then the poor woman almost choked... LOLOL at not listening to what is being said. It was fun to stop her that way, though probably not nice

I had similar problems when my mother died. I finally would just write in red across the front of the bill or request for money "deceased". It took a few years, but they finally quit coming to my address, which she had NEVER lived. Dumb people abound....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dinlauren
    Dumb people abound....
    And just think how many of them are out there in the gene pool :!:

I've had tussle with Bank of America. My Mom had to go into nursing home. Her bill was 1500, she was paying 60/mth. I got her to write a letter in her own handwriting stating she had no money, would not be received any, that she was going into home. Seems they never received it. They kept calling, I'd tell them & tell them & tell them. Finally after 6 mths or so, they quit.
    As Dave Ramsey says, they are truly idiots....

:thumbup: :thumbup:

and as far as I can tell, the idiots start breeding earlier and more frequently than us non-idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by galvestonangel
    Are these people taught stupiity or is it a natural talent?
    There is a reason they aren't brain surgeons....thank goodness!!

piney

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3