Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Childhood Treats

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    Nestle Quick.............. How many of you fought over the ONE piece of chocolate in every box? With a family of 5 kids, it took forever for your turn to come again. )
    Thanks for the memories........ Ha Ha

I notice the people who remember Zarex are all from New England - wonder if it was a regional product?

I had a friend who swore by the following --take a slice of white bread, put a slice of American cheese on it, COVER it with white sugar all over, broil. He loved it, I never tried it!

ETA - answered my own question!!
    http://zarexusa.com/

You can buy it again now.

What fun to remember those days! Milk toast and "toast in the oven" was for breakfast sometimes, not really a treat, but I loved them. We rarely had Kool Aid but I do remember my mother (unknown to the kids) got one of the Kool Aid Man pitchers and we nearly died with happiness. I wonder what happened to it?

I had forgotten about toast soldiers........the thought of them made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
    I was wondering if anyone would mention Fizzies. My favorite! I would just love to sneak one out of the package when mom was not looking and set it on my tongue and let it fizz till it hurt then spit it out into a glass of water. Children do silly things but at 6 years of age, I thought I was being so daring, sly and clever!
    I loved fizzies, In fact my sister just found some in a store near her and mailed me a package. I have them reserved for a special occasion.

My favorite was not sweet. I loved, and still do, a handful of soda crackers crumpled in a glass of milk. My father favored buttermilk with crackers or cornbread.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3