Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 135 of 278 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 134 135 136 145 185 235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 6948

Thread: Choose One game

Manicure (read fake nails) every 2 weeks mani pedi every 6 to 8 weeks. One of my few indulgences. I've had fake nails for 28 years I'll probably have them 28 more years. . I'm currently rocking Halloween nails.

Nails simple clear or subdued colors
    Or
    Bright wild colors or theme designs.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Blog Entries
    when i would get them done, i'd go halloween, used to do them myself and paint them red or orange for haloween and put real black lace over them. awesome. I worked at a jewelry store and a group of girls would come in on their lunch break every friday to see what i had on. now au natural

Do you dress for tho occasion for halloween (wear orange, green purple or black)or go plain cloths
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Depending on the occasion or holiday I do Halloween colors, Easter and St. Pats never 4th of July, memorial day. I just hate how red white and blue looks on me.

Didn't sleep well last night and you are tired are you a napper, or do you just grind it out and go to bed earlier tonight?
    Billi

Blog Entries
    try both, sometimes, wich is about 4 times a week, I don't sleep. sometimes, i just fall asleep
    without notice. sometimes tough it out and then sometimes, i just crap out on the couch.

Doy you go to sleep the same time every night?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    No, some nights it 9 pm other nights its 1:30-2 pm.

Work or retired
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Neither...disabled since 1988.

Thanksgiving dinner....home cooked (by you or someone else) or at restaurant?
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Home cooked almost always by me. I love my mil and she is a very good cook. I just prefer my family Thanksgiving recipes. . Even if we go there I always make a small turkey and dressing at home too its not turkey day till I get my cornbread sage dressing and Leftovers.

Thanksgiving dinner casual setting and clothing
    Or
    Use you best table settings and dress up
    Billi

Blog Entries
    casual.

Thanksgiving dinner----alot of dishes or just a few simple favorite ones

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    dinner is the usual lot of favorite dishes but desserts are crazy. Everyone brings way to many desserts

make your own stuffing or buy the cubes or stove top
    mark Twain

Make my own, I can eat the boxed ones but not for thanksgiving its just dosen't feel right. Hahahaha

Ok so incase you have not noticed I am pretty rigid with my thanksgiving I want my turkey, my dressing my cranberries, my mashed potatoes and my stuffed celery. I am flexible with the other veggies, sides, and desserts I would like a mincemeat pie and sweet potato pie but I can live with out it. I am seriously flexible for every other special meal I don't care what it is or who cooks it but Thanksgiving just is not right without the flavors from my youth.

So my question is do you have a holiday or celebration meal that just makes the day for you? If you don't get that meal, fixed in the way you want, do you feel like you missed something? what is it?

Or

Billi you are a nut you seriously need an intervention. :-)
    Billi

Thanksgiving Dinner I have to have crisp turkey skin, stuffing, a big spoonful of cranberry sauce, and a nice thick slice of my homemade bread. If any of those components are missing the day just doesn't feel like a holiday.

Holiday Dinners -- just family, or are friends invited too?

It's usually family including boyfriends we have one long lasting Christmas tradition with some friends we always have Christmas eve eve (dec 23) dinner together. This year it's my turn to host. Everybody's already asking what we are having.

Its my anniversary today. Do you celebrate big with gifts, dinner, flowers and wine

Or

Been there done that simple dinner at home and just be together.
    Billi

Congratulations! I hope you celebrate with all of them ... me, I would've settled for an acknowledgement! Now I celebrate it by myself with a gift to myself.

I'm in a quandary .... do I finish what I have started for a swap partner even though I don't like it or begin a new one?
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    congrats Billi.

If you really hate it, have time and fab, start over.

Doing a swap and partner isn't too specific, would you try to find something that fits them, or do something you like.

Swaps are tough it depends on how comfortable I am understanding their taste or preferences. I try to atleast attempt it but Im sure it usaully reflects my taste more than theirs. I guess the answer is I try I'm not sure how well I succeed.

We did not go out last night I've been typhoid Mary since we got back from Arizona so I made a simple dinner at home but he did have an amazing bouquet of flowers deliverd to me.

Mary do you not like it because it's not to your taste or is it just not good? If its good, and her taste not yours I say finish it up and send it with pride if it's just not coming together well and your fighting it start over now or you will never be happy with the finished product.

Now back to your regularly scheduled game :-)

Would/Do you join board sponsored swaps like boomerangs, secret pal, pincushion or block swaps?

Yes I do or would join it looks fun and a nice way to improve my skill and interact with others.
    OR
    No I don't or wouldn't I'm not confident in my own abilities or I'm worried about putting a lot of care and time into something I'm proud to give but not getting the same kind of item in return like there was no thought or effort put into it.
    Billi

Blog Entries
    Yes and no for the reasons posted. I'm confident in my craftsmenship for sure, but sometimes don't rec back the same quality. Sometimes it's obvious they're 3 yo dog put it together. other times, it's a small piece of art sent with lots of care.
    If my skills aren't up to par, ie pp, i wouldn't attempt it. Only give what i know i'm good at.

When doing a swap, do you just send the basics or pack the box/envelope with super goodies?

Blog Entries
    super goodies

movie theater or movies at home
    ♥♥♥ Loving Mama ♥♥♥

If life gives you scraps, make an angel quilt out of it!

We do both but enjoy going to movies we usaully go early evening (4:30 to 5:30) on a Tuesday or Wednesday matantee cost and pretty empty theater we can get there pretty much at show time and sit wherever we want

So when going to the movies with a friend, dh, bf or kids do you always see
    A.Thier choice
    B. your choice
    C. Take turns choosing
    Billi

Blog Entries
    me and dh, usually tog but depends, nothing scary or bloody

candy at the theatre do you bring your own or buy there?

We always buy popcorn but bring any candy we want from home mr bill loves chocolate covered raisins.

I get up and make Mr. Bills breakfast everyday and pack him a lunch every work day.

Do/did you do the same for your husband or significant other
    OR
    DOES/did your other half fend for themselves?
    Billi

Blog Entries
    Larry does the food shopping and buys himself frozen lunches (Like WW or Lean cousine) and he bring with himself.
    That's a great thing about a man who was alone till he was 41, used todoing things like that for himself. but dinner is on the table every night for him when he gets home.

If you have a pet, who cleans up after them. You , DH or both

We both do the dogs I occasionally pick up after them mostly him though because I feed them, bathe them give one his daily meds and take them to all vet appointments. He can clean their crap up off his putting green.....except for when we had my daughters cat I clean up after puss-n-boots...he hates cat boxes and I refuse to raise coyote snacks.

Hats
    ball caps or sun hats
    Billi

Blog Entries
    ball caps all the way.
    Billi, I love the comment about the putting green.

The person below me has the bejeebes scared out of them over this EBOLA scare?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    False

blue jeans or slacks
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    jeans

t shirt or blouse

Page 135 of 278 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 134 135 136 145 185 235 ... LastLast