Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Christmas Gifts for surprise guests >

Christmas Gifts for surprise guests

Christmas Gifts for surprise guests

Old 10-18-2010, 06:59 PM

Every year with out fail some one brings unexcpeted guests to our house usualy while it's gift opening time I cringe trying to thik what have i got I can give them as a small gift. I know it's not manditory but I feel better whenI can do it. BUT im out of gifts and out of ideas. Please help with any and all sujestions
Old 10-18-2010, 07:01 PM

Table runners or a pair of pretty table mats will be nice in a Christmassy color.

Or a fancy Christmas stocking. I got one as a gift many years ago and cherish it even now. It is a Victorian one, crazy quilted in lovely velvet and laces.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:02 PM

How about a set of criss-cross coasters.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:04 PM

Every year I make up several "gifts in a jar." Brownie mix, soup mix, hot chocolates, you get the idea. The good thing is that they are unisex gifts. A quart jar with ingredients, a circle of Christmas fabric on the top secured with a pretty ribbon makes a wonderful gift that shows you did a little something special.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lnikkers52
Every year with out fail some one brings unexcpeted guests to our house usualy while it's gift opening time I cringe trying to thik what have i got I can give them as a small gift. I know it's not manditory but I feel better whenI can do it. BUT im out of gifts and out of ideas. Please help with any and all sujestions
The first year my mother got married to the father of my brother and sister, she made us go to her in-law's house for Christmas. They were absolutely shocked that we showed up (because they had been particularly nasty to my mom). We were planted in the living room, and in the background we heard shuffling of furniture and banging of drawers. Finally they came back in with a set of dishes that had been hastily wrapped in left-over paper. SO, in a pinch, go for the Corelware. lol
Old 10-18-2010, 07:08 PM

How about some quilted ornaments, or potholders, or coasters?
Old 10-18-2010, 07:37 PM

I have some book marks, candles and tissue covers with the small pacs of tissues and always have some Hershey Kisses on hand.....lots of tissue and a very small gift bag and you're ready to go.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:26 AM

I keep a few gift cards on hand and box them with a homemade ornament or small candies or homemade cookies. Then after Christmas, I am into any leftovers (I make sure the gift cards are something I would use) and away I go!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by lnikkers52
The first year my mother got married to the father of my brother and sister, she made us go to her in-law's house for Christmas. They were absolutely shocked that we showed up (because they had been particularly nasty to my mom). We were planted in the living room, and in the background we heard shuffling of furniture and banging of drawers. Finally they came back in with a set of dishes that had been hastily wrapped in left-over paper. SO, in a pinch, go for the Corelware. lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-19-2010, 06:43 AM

I keep bottles of wine on hand...in nice bags I've made. Then any leftovers can be MINE!! :mrgreen: If you don't want to do alcohol, then fudge is a good substitute... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: