Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Christmas Music how soon is too soon? >

Christmas Music how soon is too soon?

Christmas Music how soon is too soon?

Old 11-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
The Christmas Shoes... UGH. I can't change the station fast enough! It's your classic Urban Legend, set to music.

I love Christmas music, but not before Thanksgiving Day.
I too love Christmas music but NOT before Thanksgiving please !!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:26 PM

My favorite Christmas song is "Thank God It's Christmas" by Queen. Uplifting and loving. I have it on my iPod all year.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

I believe we should get through each holiday individually before being 'bombarded' by the next.... seeing Christmas stuff before even Halloween is just ridiculous...Christmas comes AFTER THANKSGIVING! not after Halloween. had I entered your office I probably would have said something --- like, geesh, can we not even have THANKSGIVING first????
Old 11-03-2013, 01:07 PM

Today (Sunday) DH and I stopped at the grocery after church to pick up a few things. The song Sleigh Ride was blaring! In contrast, it is a beautiful autumn day here in central IN. I love Christmas music but this was just a bit too much! It did NOT make me want to shop for Christmas at all. In fact, I purchased a couple basic items (toothpaste and toilet paper) and left there in a hurry. On the way out, I told the very surprised store manager that I would go elsewhere to do the remainder of my shopping. I do not play Christmas music in my car, or at home, till at least the middle of Nov. and I do not decorate until after Thanksgiving. I honestly do try to boycott stores that blare Christmas music way too early in the season.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:22 PM

My grandmother said Christmas music was appropriate all year long. However, not all day every day!!
Some of the radio stations were playing spooky music on Thursday and one station I came across in central Indiana was paying Christmas music all day.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the Christmas season starts the day after Halloween. Had Christmas music on Pandora all day yesterday. Love the season, love the music and decorations, love to bake, plan and sew, and a starting the season after Thanksgiving just isn't long enough!!
Me too. With MS, the Christmas season is tough for me. It helps my health to start after Halloween to decorate and then I can get ready for Thanksgiving company and move on to Christmas with the family. When I decorate, the Christmas music is playing until my hubbie comes home.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

Day after Thanksgiving is soon enough for me.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:24 PM

I start playing Christmas music the 1st day of November till Dec 26 or longer if I can get away with it..lol
Old 11-03-2013, 07:30 PM

I have been listening to Christmas music the last 2 days while sewing Christmas things for my Secret Santa gifts. It gets me in the mood to get it done.