Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is the church where my son and his girl will be married

Blog Entries
    It's a historical place, so one must seek permission to use it. It's right down the road from us. I've been planting the seed in my kids that this should be where they get married since they were three years old!! It worked! :lol: The son was the tough one of the two since it is his wife-to-be who needed to love it too. When my kids were young, we'd ride bikes to the cemetery behind it to find out how old folks were when they died--great mental math lessons. :wink:

Jenny is by the back door...
    Name:  Attachment-69616.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  79.4 KB

facing the front
    Name:  Attachment-69617.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  44.2 KB

facing the back--that's my daughter in there
    Name:  Attachment-69618.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  53.6 KB

My favorite photo of the bunch
    Name:  Attachment-69693.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  59.8 KB

Glad it's a summer wedding. lol
    Name:  Attachment-69694.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  45.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    That is beautiful :mrgreen: What a wonderful place for a wedding , and the pictures will be stunning, both inside and out

Have they set a date yet ?

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful church!!! I am happy that they are agreeing to the wedding being there. Will they have the reception at your home since it is so close by?

Blog Entries
    The date is July 24th. We told them if they kept it to 50 people, the reception could be here--less than a mile down the road. But, it's 80. So, the reception is at the new town hall pavilion--which looks like a log cabin and it's FREE to town residents!! :-D

We offered to pay a caterer, but Jenny said her family is used to cooking for big groups--30 is nothing to them--so she asked her grandma to organize a dish to pass!! So--we gave her the money to use as she wishes. She said she hasn't even used half of it.

All the flowers are coming from my dad's and my gardens. His day lilies will be in bloom--so that's what the girls will carry. My garden will furnish all the centerpiece bouquets at the reception.

Jenny has very simple--very sweet announcements ready, and the favors are bookmarks with their names and the "Love is patient.." Bible verse.

She's planing how to decorate the church and reception area.

We found a photographer who will come for two hours only to take photos of the wedding and after. I'll cover the reception. :wink: I can see SO MANY photo ideas here, so I explained them to Jenny and she loved them too. The photographer said he'd love to hear any ideas anyone has while he there.

The only thing not decided on is music. Hubby plays guitar, but I think it could be hard on him to have to play tender songs for his son--and not get emotional. So, we'll see what she decides.

They are working this out to well under $3000. I'm so proud of their wise decisions. I told her early on, it's all about the marriage, not the wedding.

Banned
    Great!! I love old churches and cemeteries!

A beautiful church for wonderdul day. I am sure all well be perfect. Hugs and best wishes for the couple.

That's a beautiful little church!!!
    Our wedding is looking like around 450ish people. It will be at the church Dh pastors at and will cost a ton more!!!
    Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!!

Blog Entries
    I have goosebumps. What a meaningful wedding it will be. It truly comes from the heart. All of your hearts. I LOVE that church!

Blog Entries
    Oh Gayle, I'm sure it will be lovely and so much fun, but I feel for you. Frankly, I am very uncomfortable in crowds and might be longing to visit the barn for some quiet time.

I can't wait to see photos of yours!!!

I love that church! It reminds me of what churches should be. The wedding is bound to be beautiful in lots of ways! Any bride would be giddy with your dad's beautiful flowers. You can't find those from a florist! And I know I would enjoy all that food made with love. Caterers are good, but they just can't compare to food cooked by family and friends! Congrats on your new daughter, Karla. Sounds like a great celebration. Did you pick out your outfit yet?

Blog Entries
    I did, Chele. It's the first dress I've purchased in about 20 years. Bah! It's green background ended up being the same color as the girls in the wedding are wearing--but mine has BIG purple flowers on it. :roll: At least it's a soft purple. It makes me look wide from the front, but slender from the side. I'll be sure to stand sideways a lot. :lol: I bought flip flops to wear with it--black bottoms, but shiny white straps on top. The girls laughed, and my daughter said maybe white bottoms would have been better, but she knows how hard it is for me to make a fashion statement and deemed them acceptable.

Blog Entries
    Oh how woderful! It all sounds so nice!

What a beautiful place to get married in. Thanks for sharing.

I love the church and the small intimate wedding. I don't like crowds either.

I bet your photos will be better than the photographer's though. You take gorgeous pictures. And to flowers and food should be wonderful. I love your father's gardens. Don't forget to post the pics!

Congratulations to you also Gayle.

Hope you all have a long, happy and healthy life together!

It's lovely, Karla...sounds like they have level heads....

Any chance the mini's are involved in the wedding?

Pam
    I sure hope that there will be a horse and carriage. Sadly I have started selling the horses, wanna buy a carriage?

I love it! The church is beautiful and the kids sound sensible. Weddings shouldn't be a plunge into the debt pool. They'll be much happier afterward without having to worry about wedding bills to pay for.
    Sometimes though, big weddings can't be avoided. My first one was big even though we kept it to one attendant apiece, I've got a HUGE family. Add friends to that and it got way out of hand, way too fast. The second one I kept to immediate family and a couple of best friends.

Would it be okay if I made a suggestion? Since it's an old antique church wouldn't wildflowers as decorations look lovely? Even if they were actually silks? Just simple bouquets tied with ribbon or strips of fabric? Or in glass jars or crocks? Nevermind me, just my mind running wild. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    I sure hope that there will be a horse and carriage. Sadly I have started selling the horses, wanna buy a carriage?
    I thought you just bought them all new shoes? or was that someone else on here?

Karla what a beautiful church...as you and yours have strong links with it, have you incorporated it into a quilt?

Their wedding plans sound wonderful, sometimes people forget there is more beauty and elegance in simplicity. Thanks for sharing your world with us, 'tis an honour indeed!

Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    I thought you just bought them all new shoes? or was that someone else on here?
    Nope, that was me, still have to take care of them. They deserve the very best I have to give.

Oh I love that beautiful Church! I think the wedding sounds perfect! So perfect. More people need to focus on the marriage than the wedding. But the wedding can still be beautiful & memorable. In the pic of the window, I think a pic of the bride looking out the window with her bouquet would be pretty. Kind of a side shot? And the flowers coming from yours & your Dad's gardens, just add to the wedding and make it more sentimental. Great thinking. Yall are very lucky to have this Church and the facility for the reception. It sounds fantastic! Can't wait to hear all about it. Please, I hope you will share a few pics.

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    What a beautiful old country church. I love it!! I could see in my minds eye all the beautiful young brides of yesteryear getting married there. Take LOTS of pictures for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramof6
    In the pic of the window, I think a pic of the bride looking out the window with her bouquet would be pretty. Kind of a side shot?
    This sounds like a beautiful shot, doesn't it Karla? And maybe one with both of them looking out of the window too - towards the future. I know that whatever you do, they will be wonderful.
    And flowers from your Dad's gardens - oh my gosh, there can't be anything better than that! Congrats to all of you! :D

Blog Entries
    No minis of a carriage in this wedding. Jenny LOVES animals, but horses are new to her. My horses are no trained to pull a cart, yet. We've started with the basics (ground driving), but I like walking so I'm not interested in a cart. My daughter said her wedding will be small and she'd like a team of drafts to bring her and her new husband to the house for a reception. But, she's thinking PhD at this point and doesn't have a boyfriend, so those ideas could change. :wink: :lol:

I love the wild flowers idea ratureready! I'll sent all your ideas to Jenny. It's a good plan if the day lilies don't happen to bloom when they usually do! The bouquets will be mixed--not focused on one color.

Oh--Gramof6--that's a perfectly wonderful idea for a photo!! Thanks! I'm tucking that idea away right now! And xyz--love yours too!! There are paths through the cemetery, but one has no gravestones on either side and it's on a knoll, so I can see so many shots of them on there--with the photographer at the bottom... I can't wait to try those--or have the photographer try them! And there are some huge trees they can peek around...

Jenny sent an email last night and has decided to go with a piano player, so I'll contact one who lives right around the corner--she plays for a local church. Hope she has the afternoon open! :-D

Blog Entries
    It is beautiful. Kind of reminds me of where I got married and my DD got baptised. Ours is gone now. Was over two hundred years old.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast