Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: comfy shoes?

I'm a Birkenstock girl. I get mine from either HSN or QVC.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

I have been wearing Birks for over 25 years and they are the best for me. I use the three stap style because it fits me better and I always try to buy a new pair when they are on sale. Alternately I will wear a good pair of athletic shoes like Reeboks or Rockports. A lot depends on where and what the climate is like.

Heflinger are the ones for me.

Blog Entries
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned RIKA shoes. I got a pair off QVC recently, and love them. I have very temperamental feet, and yet I didn't have to break them in at all. Until I got them, I wore only SAS and Clarks 100% of the time. RIKA's are supposed to have been made for a woman's foot, not just adjusting a man's shoe into a women's shoe.

I highly recommend the Clarks wave technology soles. I am on my feet walking on hard concrete all day. They feel like somebody is giving you a little push along.

Just about every pair of shoes I have bought over the last few years have been Sketchers...they always feel good on
    my feet from the minute I try them on.

Well, I wear all of the above except Ecco and Keen. If they fit properly and are cushioned I think any of them would be good. I can walk in all of mine. BTW, my grandchildren wear Keens and they like them, but without socks even their feet stink to high heaven! Only in the Keens!

Check out Easy Spirit Traveltime series, they come in lots of colors. I think they're classified as clogs and I didn't think I could wear them. A friend who runs a dance studio and is on her feet all day said they're the most comfortable shoes in the world so, having bad feet, I tried a pair. She's right. I've been able to walk long distances, even a large quilt show, in complete comfort. I now own several pairs and want to get some summer designs. I just got an email that they're having a sale this weekend so if you go to www.easyspirit.com you can take a look, costs nothing just to see.

Crocks is very comfortable. Take a look at their website.

I work in DC. Sneakers with double-fabric sneaker socks. Like Easy Spirit mesh sneakers and Wright's Cool Mesh running sneaker socks. Lots of concrete and marble.

Oh this brings back bad memories.....tromping around the Mall in DC with a baddd case of plantar faciatis. Good to know you are planning!

Quote Originally Posted by Sew N Tune View Post
    Crocs, has some nice new sandals.
    I just bought a very cute pair of croc sandals. They are wedge heel and so very comfortable and not ugly at all

Blog Entries
    Chaco's . They are made in Michigan and were previously made in Colorado. I wear them all year and the straps are can be tightened to adjust to your foot. Many people hike in these shoes because of the custom fit and your ankles won't turn in them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis nm View Post
    http://www.zcoil.com/ I started wearing these in 2000. I have tennis shoes, sandles and clogs. If I can canít wear themóI donít want to go!
    Then I found Sloggers a form of clogs, but much softer with arch supports. But they stopped making them!>>
    sorry i forgot the name.

Whatever you get, just be sure to get them early enough that you can wear them "around" and break them in to be sure they really are comfortable!

I wear "Naturalizers" Very comfy

You can't go wrong with SAS. I love mine. A little expensive but worth it. Good luck, have a nice trip. Rowena101

I love my Skechers Tone-Ups. They really absorb the impact when I walk. I can wear them for a day of walking and my feet and back don't hurt. (and they usually do!)

The fit is important. Buy the best fit for your foot and brand you can afford. Buy 2 pair to rotate them when on the trip and pack moleskin just in case you get some blisters. Try to break in the shoes prior to the trip.

I love DC! Have fun!
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by donnalynett View Post
    I wear nothing but Morrells anymore.
    Me too; nothing but Merrells. They're expensive but worth it.

Blog Entries
    New Balance 846-they were the best when we did Washington D.C. last year-put on 20 miles each day of the week-lots of walking from Metro station-and to Smithsonian Museums-times 5, Capitol Hill, Riverwalk, White House, Washington Museum, and totally around the downtown last August for 5 days-with Daughter/son-in-law, husband and Grandson. Have a good trip and enjoy as much as you can see-traffic was hectic, so took metro train from Maryland in to Washington D.C. with one stop over/ change over on the train-had a Great time.

I will stick with regular Crocs, thank you. I do have two closed prs., one for dress and one for outside work, but the originals are all I wear anywhere at all. They have the greatest air cushion in the heel area and never do my feet complain because of pressure.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

I purchased a pair of Walk the Walk sandals when I was in Arizona. They are wonderful. I can walk in them for hours and my feet do not hurt. I stood at work one day for 6 hours cutting fabric and my legs were tired at the end of the day but my feet were not aching.

Cool comfy shoes

Many, many thanks to everyone who responded to my question. You certainly have given my a wide range of shoes to try. I do own a pair of the Easy Spirit slides. They are light weight and comfortable, but just wasn't sure if they would be supportive for the long haul. I will definitely explore the Ecco's and Keen's. They look very comfy.
    Thank you , again, for all your suggestions. I'll let you know.
    Happy Memorial Day.

I used to be a Birkenstock lady but since I discovered Keens, I almost like them more. I do a lot of walking with my job and I have about 4 pairs of Keens now.....they are so comfortable. I even got my husband soom Keens and he loves them.
    Besides my family, my pets are the most important things to me. I have had birds, a dog or cats since I was about 8 years old. The cruelest thing you can do to me is take my animals away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast