counter top ice maker

Old 06-05-2019, 08:52 AM

When I had the pizza parlor, our ice machine (commercial) would require cleaning about twice a year. The repairman said it was the yeast used in the pizza crusts. I have one in the fridge (household) and I rarely make bread with yeast. I've not had a problem with it. Occasionally the ice starts looking old and I just dump it all i the sink and start over.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:49 PM

I love ice, but hate the taste of icemaker ice. I buy a small bag of ice once every couple of weeks.
Someimes I drop the bag a the floor to break it up.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:17 PM

My Sister,has one and it is Awesome we all love it she has had her's for like 8yrs.it's still going strong
Old 06-08-2019, 12:35 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I live alone in a ver small apartment with a no-ice-maker refrigerator. It suits me because, though I love ice and all my drinks are iced, I have always hated the flavor and shape of refrigerator ice maker ice. Ewww!

Using bottled water,, I make my ice a cube at a time in these little round storage containers that hold about 3 oz. They are a good size for my glass, they pop out of the container easily, I only need one in a drink that's already chilled. I make up about 6-7 at night before I go to bed, setting them on the top door shelf in the freezer. Sometimes I refill during the day, but often there are a couple left at the end of the day anyway. The bottled water freezes clear -- I use reverse osmosis filtered water -- and I think that makes it taste better. Kroger Drinking Water, Aquafina, and Desani are all RO filtered. Check the labels.

Jan in VA
Old 06-08-2019, 01:04 PM

My friend's kids bought her a counter ice maker because she didn't have a maker in her freezer. She loves it, and so do I. LOL She makes it all day. and puts in ziplock bags. When she rec'd it for her birthday we were like two kids with a new toy.