Couponing-anyone else?

Old 06-07-2011, 03:45 AM

Ok, so I just started again trying to save on coupons, and I put my savings in my sewing jar for fabric and sales. Heehee, I am so smart :lol: So far I have a grand total of $2.85, well I just started yesterday. I am wondering if anyone else is saving as well and have any tips to share? My tip is go to krazycouponlady.com to print binder pages for your book to help you get started. It was kinda fun!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:54 AM

Yes, I coupon and have for years. I try and double coupons whenever I can, but rare around where I live. Try to buy only on sale etc. Although I don't put the money away right now, just use it in my normal budget, I do have a friend who saved up enough that she paid for her husband's
bone marrow transplant. That was when insurance wouldn't pay for it.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
Ok, so I just started again trying to save on coupons, and I put my savings in my sewing jar for fabric and sales. Heehee, I am so smart :lol: So far I have a grand total of $2.85, well I just started yesterday. I am wondering if anyone else is saving as well and have any tips to share? My tip is go to krazycouponlady.com to print binder pages for your book to help you get started. It was kinda fun!
I coupon and so far I am saving almost 100.00 on my weekly shopping :thumbup: ..My daughter is awesome at it and here are some of her tips she has given me..Go to hotcouponworld.com You can print coupons and use them as well..Check the manufacture sites for the products you use..Alot of times you can get coupons from there as well..Some stores double and triple coupons..Say you have a detergent coupon for 50cent..The store that doubles them will make it a 1.00 off..the buy one get one sales is awesome and if you have a coupon for something with those,use them for that as well, you can actually use 2 coupons..one for the one you buy and one for the one you get free.. Couping is fun :wink:
Old 06-07-2011, 04:08 AM

I do, but I'm just saving a little bit. We're a family that doesn't eat a lot of prepackaged things, so the savings are on things like TP, paper towels, cleaning supplies, and occasionally spices, dressings, etc.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:59 AM

I coupon and never thought of the idea of putting back what I save that is a wonderful idea.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:15 AM

There's a wonderful magazine out called "All You" that can only be found at Wal-Mart. It has lots and lots of coupons in each issue. The May issue had $85.32 worth of coupons and June had $91.60. They also have a website that is great for getting freebies and coupons - allyou.com (which will also tell you which coupons are in each issue). And if you get your coupons from your Sunday paper, check your local Dollar Tree and see if they offer editions. Mine has The Jackson Sun from Jackson, Tn which is the one I buy to get my Sunday inserts. Normally my paper is sold for $1.50, but at Dollar Tree of course, it's only $1.00. Before I clip a coupon I've already saved 50 cents. I usually get between 4 and 10 papers, depending on how many inserts. You can also search online to see what coupons are going to be in the Sunday paper beforehand. And my local Walgreens stacks coupons, meaning you can use a manufacturer coupon WITH one of their coupons in their ads. Makes it like they do double coupons. The only double coupons here in Dyersburg, Tn are Kroger's (daily double coupons up to 60 cents), and Fred's (only on Saturdays, double up to 60 cents also). Someday I'd like to save as much as they do on Extreme Couponing, but I've got a long way to go.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:21 AM

I have been couponing for years but never to extreme like on tv. The most I saved on one shopping trip to the grocery store with coupons was $117.32. My total was over $300 without the coupons. Would like to know how they do it but am not willing to spend 30+ hours a week to work at it. I do try to stay away from pre-processed and buy only what I like to use. I do take the flyers and compare prices and see which coupons I have to use on the products we use. I don't buy just to use a coupon. It has to be what I need or which brand or product I like. I have found that Bi-lo is the best store for bargains especially at the gas pump! I saved $.55 a gallon last month on gas. What you pick up weekly, like milk, fresh veggies, eggs, etc., does also add up for your gas savings.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:22 AM

I use coupons all the time. I found that the website, couponmom.com a real saver. I shop mostly at Publixs and they show whats on sale there and match coupons to the sale items. Theory being that you save the coupon until the item is on sale. It has saved me bundles!! http://www.couponmom.com/ Its a free web site which makes it even better.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:30 AM

Keep an eye on the ones from the dollar store. I was in one this past weekend and the cashier told a customer that was buying several that for the past few weeks they didn't have coupons or sale fliers in them; the ones at 7-11 did. I don't know if they are doing this because they are cheaper or what; just beware.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 AM

Argh... cut a bunch of coupons, made sure to incorporate my meals with products that i had coupons for... and that dang Walmart. As I was loading the last few bags she had it totalled and the reciept handed to me (i had already put my debit card in)... as I stood there dumbfounded stuttering that "but I had coupons" she looked at me like i was a goof and the people in line were staring daggers. A big ole waste of time for me!! :) THanks for letting me vent. :)