Cuff top valance pattern

Old 08-28-2014, 05:07 PM

Default Cuff top valance pattern

Looking for a FREE pattern or advice ,direction on how to sew these valances. I found one pattern for $29.95, and that's toooo much for me! I found FREE directions on e-how, which is NOT exactly what I was looking for. Can any one help me?
Old 08-29-2014, 04:34 AM
Power Poster

Do you have a JAF nearby? I would look at the patterns because on big sale day, they use to have the pattern on sale for 99 cents or $1.99. If you found a pattern you like, take the instructions out and read them to see if that is enough information to get you started. Just put the instructions back in as neat as it was and return the pattern to the proper place in the drawer.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:33 AM

I have Simplicity pattern number 8401 that has never been used. It has patterns for 6 different styles of curtains. You can see the pictures on the cover of the envelope if you Google "Simplicity 8401. If you like what you see, send me a PM and we'll see if we can't work something out.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:52 AM

Do you have a picture of the valence you want to make?
Old 08-30-2014, 03:11 AM

Default Here's a pic.

I'd like to do burlap with a homespun cuff.

Originally Posted by Treasureit View Post
Do you have a picture of the valence you want to make?
Attached Thumbnails cuff-top-valance.jpg  
Old 08-30-2014, 03:12 AM

I looked at these, Thank you for the offer , but , NOPE, wasn't any of those!
Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
I have Simplicity pattern number 8401 that has never been used. It has patterns for 6 different styles of curtains. You can see the pictures on the cover of the envelope if you Google "Simplicity 8401. If you like what you see, send me a PM and we'll see if we can't work something out.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ellageo View Post
I'd like to do burlap with a homespun cuff.
If you were to lay that out flat, it would be straight across the bottom, and left and right sides would be right angles to it. The top would be a wave cut (think wavy edge on the outside of a quilt) just much deeper. You want your valance to be twice the width of the window. Make your valance so it is two sided, (remember to leave an opening to turn it right side out), so that when you fold the top down, you will see the homespun. Use curtain clips to hang it. If I can be of further help, just PM me with your window width and length measurements, and I can make you a pattern out of newsprint if you need it. Since seams are harder to unstitch in burlap, you might want to try one made of something like an inexpensive broadcloth first. I do hope this is clear. Good luck with your project.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:12 AM

THANK YOU! I have time today to make a 'sample'
Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
If you were to lay that out flat, it would be straight across the bottom, and left and right sides would be right angles to it. The top would be a wave cut (think wavy edge on the outside of a quilt) just much deeper. You want your valance to be twice the width of the window. Make your valance so it is two sided, (remember to leave an opening to turn it right side out), so that when you fold the top down, you will see the homespun. Use curtain clips to hang it. If I can be of further help, just PM me with your window width and length measurements, and I can make you a pattern out of newsprint if you need it. Since seams are harder to unstitch in burlap, you might want to try one made of something like an inexpensive broadcloth first. I do hope this is clear. Good luck with your project.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:33 AM

Thankyou everybody.I was wondering the same thing about the same style.