Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dandruff Stuff....not shampoo

Dandruff Stuff....not shampoo

I saw something advertised about a week back, but I cannot remember the name of it. It was a liquid to put directly on the scalp. I have been thinking about getting something to combat the effects of my eczema, and wondered if I should try to find this stuff or something like it.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    Looks like tea tree oil or neem oil might be helpful.
    http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/...druff-and.html

Blog Entries
    I HAD terrible dandruff. I tried so much "stuff" The only shampoo that got rid of it is T/Gel therapeutic shampoo by Neutrogena. I also use the T/Gel therapeutic conditioner. Apparently, it has "tar base" and that's why it works. I also use "Doctor recommended Psoriasis Ointment" for dry skin areas that I have ie forehead and behind my ears. I have gotten prescription shampoo and psoriasis medicine from my doctor which didn't work. I am so glad I found the Neutrogena and ointment. I hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    If you do try this I'd be interested in how it works for you.

I've been using T-Gel for years, and it's the only thing that really works for me. I've recently found that rubbing a tiny bit of coconut oil on my scalp helps with the dryness, too. Not enough to get it in my hair and make it greasy, but just on my scalp.

Blog Entries
    The thing to know about dandruff is that the root cause isn't dryness, it's a fungus.

I've also had the best success with the coal tar shampoos, although they seem to be getting harder to find.

My FIL had horrible dandruff. My MIL bought every shampoo and treatment she could find for him to use. Nothing worked. One day a sample of Tone soap with coco butter came in the mail. My FIL used it to wash his hair while in the shower. After a few days his dandruff was almost gone, in a few weeks he was dandruff free. He used Tone soap ever since and never had a dandruff problem. You never know what will work.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

kso
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
    I saw something advertised about a week back, but I cannot remember the name of it. It was a liquid to put directly on the scalp. I have been thinking about getting something to combat the effects of my eczema, and wondered if I should try to find this stuff or something like it.
    I use Scalpicin for my psoriasis. Burns some, but stops the itching and flaking instantly. I also use T-Gel shampoo.
    "God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses" -- Robert Bontine Cunninghame-Graham, letter to Theodore Roosevelt, 1890