Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Day light savings time:

Day light savings time:

Blog Entries
    Its' terribly early. Its' only March! I had no idea this was coming until I saw news about it yesterday. Hope I remember. If not , my cats will!!

I wish my state would follow Arizona's example and do away with meddling with the time.

I agree - it is such a bother to change the time.

When I first moved here, we did not change the time, now we do, and I don't like it.

There are worse things on this earth than daylight savings time.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

CRO
    I would rather have it light until 10PM than light at 430AM which is what it would be without it in the summer.

pw6
    I wish thry would leave it on daylight savings time as it would save us money all year round.. and we have one hour longer in the evening.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I love DST! It's always so helpful to my Seasonal Affective Disorder to have daylight later in the afternoon. As I am a later-in-the-morning sleeper, mornings are not a problem for me, but it's so nice to be able to sit out on the porch after dinner to play 'treats' with the kitties in the sweet evening light.
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    I dislike DST--I find the long summer days endless. I have a reverse SAD, so I just close my shades/curtains at about the same time year-round--works for me, but I prefer the shorter days of winter.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    My mom use to live in New Mexico, and she kept two sets of clocks, one set for when the time changed and the other for what she called "regular time"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
    When I first moved here, we did not change the time, now we do, and I don't like it.

Me too! I moved here to get away from crazy clock time. And now, thanks to MD we have it. UGH.

I don't like it, I'm tired and crabby. Especially hate it in the Fall when it's dark so early.
    Lori

Quote Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
    My mom use to live in New Mexico, and she kept two sets of clocks, one set for when the time changed and the other for what she called "regular time"
    I also keep two clocks for time. Somehow it comforts me. I wish time would not be changed.
    margee

Daylight saving time is nuts! Like cutting a piece off one end of fabric and sewing it back on the other. Accomplishes nothing. Most people are smart enough to get up earlier (or later) if they need to adjust. The rest of us are just aggravated for the convenience of a few. Rant over now.

Just leave it one or the other. It's the changing back and forth that bothers me. Daylight savings time is 7 months long now anyway...why change it for 5 months?! Tennessee has a bill in the works to keep DST all the time. That would work for me. It has passed the first 'hurdle' but not sure when it comes up for a vote again. Sure hope it passes. I know I will vote to keep just ONE time.

Blog Entries
    I just want it to stay the same, no changes. the sun is the sun and the moon the moon. They don't need any help, nor do plants and animals. it's hard enough for me to get up each morning, but I made it. again!

Quote Originally Posted by lclang View Post
    Daylight saving time is nuts! Like cutting a piece off one end of fabric and sewing it back on the other. Accomplishes nothing. Most people are smart enough to get up earlier (or later) if they need to adjust. The rest of us are just aggravated for the convenience of a few. Rant over now.
    Your government t work!! Like cutting a piece off one end of fabric and sewing it back on the other and thinking it is now longer!!
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

AZ is my home and so glad I don't have to change clocks and adjust my sleeping pattern.

T.
    I agree, I don't know what it serves (now); it had a purpose when we were farming, but it's crazy for right now.

Blog Entries
    I love daylight savings time, and some people still farm, at least until the large corporations finally run them out of business and have TOTAL control of the food we eat. I hate it getting dark at 4:30 pm in the winter.
    Melinda in Tulsa
    Where the wind comes whipping thru the plains and we really DO have Earthquakes!

Love my Babylock Unity, Symphony and Serenade!

I love daylight saving time. The only worry I have is for children going to school or the bus stop in the dark. For myself I enjoy the extra daylight to take after dinner walks or water my plants in my flower beds. I enjoy having dinner while it is still light and I can have the windows open to see the wildlife in my back yard getting their food and water before dark. I miss that a lot in the winter.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    All these time changes are the causes for "jet lag" and any other lag if you think about it. Looking at my computer clock tells me it's 1:40pm and my kids live in northern Indiana an hour ahead of us. When we talk time we have to ask your/my time.

About farming, before my DH passed 3 years ago, he would take his time to adjust the feeding times for our cattle. He gently did this about 2 weeks before each time change, worked here and we only run beef cattle, no milkers.
    My current land renter has milkers and he does it gently as well, animals do not understand all the craziness. My 2 furries are set in their meal time, they know and let me know they need a meal, they like their internal clock.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T. View Post
    I agree, I don't know what it serves (now); it had a purpose when we were farming, but it's crazy for right now.
    It still has a purpose. Its for the kids who have to go out and catch a bus, if left the same, some of them would be walking or catching a bus when its still dark out. Its safer this way. Do I like it, no especially when I have nights like last night where I can't go to sleep for most of the night and then I loose an hour and by the time I'm finally deep in sleep, my alarm goes off at 5 am to go to work. If it saves one child, then its worth it.
    Judy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast