Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
December 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

December 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

December 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 05:56 AM

I am off work today! Woo Hoo. I am going to do some cleaning, try to put the tree up, and take 50 paper pieced star quilt to the longarmer. I'm not sure if i can carry the tree up from the basement so that might have to wait until my DS gets home. Then I plan to hide upstairs in my sewing room and get some Christmas sewing done. I am also going to the gym which I haven't done in ages.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:18 PM

vanogay. that's almost identical to my breakfast every morning, but i eat oatmeal, and add cinnamon, but not the nuts. but i did this morning. i'm afraid of the extra calories. I always use skim milk. i know almond milk, soy, etc is less, but I use the skim milk.

I had a litle ice cream tonite. we had a pint in the house, and the little grandson has been working on it for a couple weeks. and i do believe that i really don't care for ice cream any more. just was not that good. YIPPIE!!!!!!

Last edited by sewNso; 12-08-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:42 PM

I have been in for months and have never won, but I am still winning because the competition keeps me motivated. I may never actually win the FQ but I am losing weight. I have lost pretty much every month since I have joined. So far I have lost 50 pounds, not all of them since I have joined but it gives me encouragement and keeps me moving. Hope we don't lose too many people.
Pat
Old 12-09-2012, 03:17 PM

way to go pat. i'm a winner also. steadily downward. surprises me that -5 has been the winner for a couple different people at different times. the ladies at WW years ago, would have been crying, if that was all they had lost. but it sure feels good now a days. month by month, doesn't it? hope your job is going better.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I have been in for months and have never won, but I am still winning because the competition keeps me motivated. I may never actually win the FQ but it gives me encouragement and keeps me moving.losing weight. I have lost pretty much every month since I have joined. S Hope we don't lose too many people.
Pat
My sentiments exactly. I keep joining for the same reasons. If I were to ever win, I would continue to sign up to support others until I could win again. This month I have
createfourpaws
Pam H
Jm's Gem
meanmom
Vanogay
sewNso
CountryHouseQuilter
Irishrose
Shadowirish
and maybe Anastasia so are talking about 2 or 2 1/4 yards of red fabric. Sounds good to me. Speaking of which, my blue from Nov will be in the mail to sewNso before noon tomorrow. I have a app't near the post office - if we aren't snowed in. 4-6 inches isn't much, but freezing rain on top of it changes things. We have that much snow now - walking the dogs was fun. Lily loves snow so much and Moira was her usual bouncy self. I did stay in the wooded area because the wind is blowing hard closer to the lake.

I have been doing better eating - maybe I'm too busy to take the time to eat. There's nothing to eat except chips and candy at basketball games. Tomorrow is 150 mi rt, so I'd better get back to my decorating. The boxes have been in three days and that's long enough.

I am losing weight and becoming healthier.
Judy
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 AM

Well, finally finished decorating the house yesterday. Now it feels all cozy and warm. I love this time of the year!! But it always seems like as fast as it comes, it's gone. Got a new Christmas tree, going to get it up today!! Can't wait to see what it looks like. Hoping I have enough country/primitive/antique ornaments to decorate the whole thing. We have a huge tree, but we always had to put it up in the basement as it's too big for upstairs. No one really goes down there to see it, so I told DH & DD not to put it up this year. Instead found a tall narrow tree that should fit the bill upstairs nicely. Now just getting it up and decorated.

I haven't been eating a lot. Don't want the gallbladder acting up. Wednesday I get my gift to me....bye bye gallbladder. Praying that all goes well. DD is worried. Told her not to be, I'll be fine. She is such a tomboy, but such a softie at times. Love her so much!! DH doesn't say much, but I know he worries too. My Mom is going to go with him so he won't be alone waiting. That might be trouble. Those 2 get into all sorts of things when I'm not around to supervise!!

Well, probably won't be on here for a few days. Lots to do between now and Wednesday morning. Ladies, watch what goes in your mouth....drink lots of water!!!! And get in plenty of fruits and veggies!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 AM

country..are they going to do laser surgery? hope so. will be thinking of you.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 AM

Country good luck. Hopefully they can do it with laporoscopy. (cant spel it) The recovery is so much faster. If they can do it that way you should be able to do some things after a couple of days. I will be saying a prayer for you. You will feel so much better with it gone.
Pat
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 AM

Wow, don't know what happened. Realized I hadn't seen any postings from this thread in about 3-4 days, went to check and for some reason, wasn't subscribed anymore. Fixed that little problem and caught up on the postings. First off, I think 5 # is a great loss, yeah, with WW probably more, but the way we live our lives today, any loss is good - as long as it stays a loss. Yo-yoing IS NOT GOOD for anyone. When we take it off, we need to keep it off. I don't want to lose anyone from our numbers. Even if there are only 8 of us, we're working with each other for our/and the others good. Our moderator is keeping track of who loses the most - if you send her a PM with your number, anyway. I think we're doing great - a close knit group. Secondly, CHQ, take care and see you when you return from surgery.

Okay, on to Taboo Tuesday. This week, as we get closer to the holiday meals, we are to cut our bread intake. I'd love to say cut out bread entirely, but I know I'd never be able to do it (I love my bread) and maybe not someone else as well, SO, cut the intake - say in half. If you eat toast for breakfast, eat just half of your normal serving, ditto for the other meals; 1/2 sandwich, etc. Go for the NO at dinner, no rolls, no tortillas (that's what I put on my table at night), nada. After a week of that, perhaps like SewnSo said, it won't taste as good (but, hers was ice cream)
Old 12-11-2012, 05:18 AM

Hoping to do it Laproscopically....Doctor seemed optomistic about it. But he did tell me that once they get started if there is an issue they could have to do it the other way. Love the Surgeon, he's very nice, well spoken, talks plan so you can understand everything and spent a lot of time with me making sure he'd answered all my questions.

My only worry now is my DH's brother. His neighbor called last night to let us know they took him to the hospital. He's been having heart problems, same thing as my DH - hearts in AFib. He's in the hospital now, back in AFib. DH went and picked up his SIL so she could go home and get some sleep. We don't like the Docs around here and want him to see DH's doctor, who has managed to keep him alive for about 20 yrs. Heart issues run in their family. DH has had angioplasti done, 4 way bypass, cardioverted, and now is on meds to keep his heart on an even keel....if that's possible. But he's still alive and active!!!! I thank God every day!!!! Want DBIL to be around for a long time too.

Anyway, enough of that. I was stupid last night and cooked a nice dinner, and ate. Was in misery 2 hours later. Oh well, live and learn. Hopefully tomorrow will fix all that. I will be back as soon as I'm up to it!!!! Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers!! Means the world to me!!!! You are a wonderful group of ladies, glad I found you all!!