December weight loss 2015

Old 12-08-2015, 06:26 PM

Thanks, Lynne. It has not been easy. You should have seen all the sweet things at my quilting group today - 3 kinds of cookies and a frosted cranberry cake. It looked so good. Then, of course, there were a couple of dishes with candies and snack crackers and all this stuff I couldn't eat. The daughter of the host had a huge container of mixed nuts and shared those with me. She also shared her sweet little 10 day old baby boy.
I made zucchini noodles for dinner. Added a little ground beef and some sugar free marinara sauce. It was really good. Hubby even liked it. He has been so bad with the things he is bringing in the house. Seems like he is trying to gain weight while I am trying to lose. Or maybe trying to sabotage my diet.....
I want something sweet right now or even a piece of bread and butter sounds really good or some crackers but I am having some almonds instead.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:31 PM

I received FQ today form Anita. There are some really pretty Black and white fabrics here. Good luck!
Old 12-11-2015, 01:55 PM

Glad to see that you received the fabric!

Arghhhh...(yes I am a pirate!)....I HATE Christmas/Holiday parties! Too many goodies too hard to pass up! I keep cruising the veggie platters, now people think I am vegan (not that there is anything wrong with being vegan). Oh, be still my heart. One day you will be able to scarf down the fudge and cookies and pasta salads...but not soon enough.

Weighing a ton is just no fun.
Fake sugars make me run, run, run.
What can I do until I am done?
Sit here at QB and make awful puns...
Old 12-12-2015, 12:20 PM

Anita I agree with you about the parties. I have 3 this week. So far I haven't gained any, one more party tonight. I would be happy if I can at least maintain the loss I have so far this month until New Years. I have been going to spinning class 3x a week and I think that is saving me. I have also been pretty careful on what I eat not at parties so I can indulge a little bit. In spinning class I ride about 50 to 60 miles a week. I got home at 12:45 AM and made it to class this morning at 8:00. I was dragging a little bit but I survived. Then I did an Abs class. That is a killer since I don't have any ab muscles.
I love your rhyme!
Pat
Old 12-12-2015, 03:30 PM

I think it is the ten minute block
Old 12-12-2015, 04:38 PM

Weighing a ton is just no fun.
Fake sugars make me run, run, run.
What can I do until I am done?
Sit here at QB and make awful puns...
I like this! There is nothing good about fake sugar. It's so much better to have a small amount of the real stuff if you need it. There are a few natural ones that seem to be okay, healthwise. I haven't dealt with any to see if they have the same amount of satiety as sugar. I have been using organic cane sugar when I bake for me or for a friend who cares about his health.

Well, I have totally trashed the house. Gifts to wrap in the dining room and decorations strung all over the living room - the two rooms that I don't allow anything to have out of place. I have a pair of five year great granddaughters coming tomorrow afternoon to decorate my tree. Should be interesting. One has a almost year old brother - I told his parents the house is not baby proof right now. I have some vintage angels that need to be out of his reach. His parents are very good with him, though he started walking today at his party so he may not be as happy being held as he was when he was here two weeks ago for another party.

There wasn't much gluten free food at the party so I didn't do too much damage. I need to be more aware if those b/w fabrics are coming to me. I AM doing well, I AM, I AM, I AM!!!!
Old 12-13-2015, 06:08 PM

Guild party coming on Tuesday - pot luck as usual.

Unfortunately, I don't exercise due to multiple back surgeries and joint replacements. I do what I can, but I can't say I exercise. Yay! to all those folks who can and do exercise.

Have a great night everyone!
Old 12-14-2015, 05:23 PM

Ah well....another day, another day of watching what I eat. {{{sigh}}}

Is there ever an end to this battle? I can't wait to win the war, it's these daily battles that drag me down. I was good today, though. Stuck to my meal plan and no cheating...that will come tomorrow at my guild holiday party.

Hope everyone is doing well....can't wait to see who "wins"...although ANY loss is a great loss!
Old 12-14-2015, 07:07 PM

I did an ok job with my eating today. I was starving when I got home from spinning. I need to come up with a better after school snack before class. I wanted to eat everything in the house. Dinner was ready all I had to do was microwave it. I run in from work and throw dinner together then run out to spinning. I made chicken cacciatore with lots of veggies. I rode 18 miles in class. So far my knees are doing well. The replaced one feels good, the other one bothered me when we did too much standing up. I called the Dr and they suggested a certain brand of knee brace for class only and it seems to be working.
I finally got my Christmas tree up. I still need to decorate. I am my DH family here on Sunday. 40 to 50 people. I need to get going.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:39 PM

I was good at the guild party. Stuck with mostly the meats (ham, meatballs, turkey), cheese, deviled eggs and salad. Did take dessert, but only took one small bite of each and pitched the rest. Don't think the party hurt me too much. Will have to see what the scale says.