Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did you grow where you were planted? >

Did you grow where you were planted?

Did you grow where you were planted?

Old 10-22-2011, 10:53 AM

I had a good start. I was born in Los Angeles, California but when I was about 2 months old my parents purchased a home in Orange County about an hour south of LA. I lived in a small, at that time town, and met the man that would become my husband. He also lived in the same small town from 2 years old. We got married and bought our first house just about 5 minutes from the house that I grew up in. Our parents were still alive at that time and still lived in the same little town.

Then in 2001 my husband was offered a job transfer to New York so we decided to have some adventure and we took it. It was hard saying goodbye to our little town but we're both glad that we did.

Now we have a son and we're making plans to move to England to be closer to my husband's family. I'm really looking forward to our next chapter!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

My family has been in Texas for well over 200 years. I was born in Houston but married a man almost 20 yrs older. when he retired we moved to Colorado where he last lived. I miss Texas!!! Houston is very populated these days so I'm not sure I would live in Houston again or outside it, but definitely in Texas!
Old 10-22-2011, 11:03 AM

Born and raised in Missouri ~ lost my mind and moved to Alabama. My mind wasn't here either and now I wish I was back in Missoui!
Old 10-22-2011, 11:04 AM

Born and raised in Missouri ~ lost my mind and moved to Alabama. My mind wasn't here either and now I wish I was back in Missoui!
Old 10-22-2011, 11:07 AM

Grew up in the Northern Panhandle of WV, married a mountain man and moved to his WV mountaintop town. I've always wanted to live out of town but it wasn't in the cards.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:31 AM

My father was Air Force, lived in 3 different states before I turned 1. Then there was lots of moving. Married a fellow in the Navy, more moving. Divorced him. Married another fellow in the Navy. He got out and we thought the moving was over. We thought wrong. We have lived in this area for almost 20 years, but in 3 different towns and 4 different houses. Hopefully we'll only move one more time when DH retires, but it won't be in this area. I was born in south Florida and have lived in places from there to CT to Kwajalain Atoll in the Marshall Island in the south Pacific. We're now in Indiana.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:49 AM

Actually, I live within a mile of the farm where my paternal ancestors lived when they first came in 1873. Grew up close by, too. And on my mother's side, most arrived and lived north of here about 5 miles back in 1835.
I used to drive 40 miles each way to work and back, but never gave any thought to moving-I'm happy here. I do live in the UP in the summer, though. I love that, too.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:04 PM

I grew up in a house that was on my paternal grandparents property. After both of my grandparents died, my Dad inherited their house and property, and my sister and I inherited some acreage from them also. After my husband and I married, we moved into my Grandparents house which was apx. 1/8th of a mile from where I grew up. Later we built a house on my property which is apx 1/8th of mile past that house. As a child and teenager, I always said that I was going to marry a rich man and move to the city. Hahaha Been on the farm since birth.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:22 PM

Nope. I was born on an air force base in Japan.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:26 PM

I was born and grew up in GA. Met my Navy man at UGA. We traveled the world for 23 years, settled in Memphis, TN for 14 years, then moved to East TN and the mountains. That was 19 years ago, and we love it still.