Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Did you see it?

Blog Entries
    DH and I are planning to go see it on Monday. So glad that the producers made this film.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

For some odd reason all of the theaters that are showing it here, all the showtimes are after 10pm. I wonder if they're hoping that nobody comes to see it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    For some odd reason all of the theaters that are showing it here, all the showtimes are after 10pm. I wonder if they're hoping that nobody comes to see it.

That's curious. Our local theater is showing it 4x per day. I haven't been to a theater in years, can't wait to see this film.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Really good/great movies are very hard to come by. "Son of God" is the very best movie I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by gramma nancy View Post
    The web site Rottentomatoes.com compiles reviews from publications throughout the U.S. The full reviews are all available on the site. This way, you are not getting the opinion of only one reviewer. The site summarizes all the reviews and gives a rating -- either "fresh" (that's good) or "rotten" to the movie based on the consensus. This film has 57 reviews, 13 "fresh" and 44 "rotten" for an overall ratig of 23 percent. For comparison, "Haunt" got a 33 percent ratng and "The Grand Budapest Hotel" got 89 perccent.
    Yep, this rating is why I consider it the very best movie of all time! I never agree with "reviews" from so called experts.

We saw Son of God Saturday. It is an excellent movie, well made and I like the little twist as to how the store is told. Of the entire movie, the only thing I could find that wasn't "scriptural" was some added dialog between Pilate and his wife. The rest was straight out of the Bible. My advice: Go see it and decide for yourself.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-10-2014 at 12:03 PM. Reason: removed religion discussion and negativity

And the theology was all New Age drivel.

Blog Entries
    We went yesterday and thought it stayed close to Biblical teachings. The temple scenes with the Pharisees trying to trick Jesus (give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and to God that which is God's) went right along with my recent Bible study lesson (which is international). Anyways, if you want to see it go. If not, don't. It's that easy.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2