Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Didn't see a post like this: What is the nicest/cutest inexpensive gift you got? >

Didn't see a post like this: What is the nicest/cutest inexpensive gift you got?

Didn't see a post like this: What is the nicest/cutest inexpensive gift you got?

Old 01-05-2010, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Our 14 year old GD loves to draw. She gave us copies of her recent black & white drawing. There is nothing like a home made gift, from those we care for. Here is just one example of her drawings. Enjoy everyone!!
:D :D :D :D
She is really talented. Beautiful drawing.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:37 PM

I always enjoy gift cards. They allow me to buy whatever I want. I also enjoy new pictures of my grandchildren. I love new ornaments, and I really love the keychain from my son that is solar powered. It has my name on it.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:07 PM

a beautiful picture of my 2 DGS.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:02 PM

My daughter had a little book made up, about size of wallet photo....on cover was me holding my youngest granddaughter the day she was born (she turned 16 mo old today). It had about 12-15 pages in it and each page was another picture taken during her life to date, some with her older brother. The back page was taken week before Xmas and she was bundled up outside playing and was waving at me.....so cute. Loved it. I also got soft snuffy blanket (lap size) with huge picture on it of her and her big brother. I cried like a baby on both gifts.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:02 PM

Meant snuggy blanket, not snuffy blanket...sorry.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:04 PM

Also my youngest daughter gave me 1941 Singer sewing machine that her friend found in their attic. She found two, one in cabinet and other in portable box. I got the portable. Sweet surprise....I already have old Singer treadle base I made table out of so will go perfect on it....best part was it was free.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Power Poster

Well I sincerely think that the gifts I have gotten in my life that meant the most were ones that someone really put some thought into.
Like I collect thimbles, love artsy things (art supplies, ceramics and fabric) so something related to that, oh and even just a simple greeting card that says something that is so right on and relative. I think the most fun ones were from the fifties or older.

It is like you say, whether it is fifty cents or something more. I just want to know they thought about me when they bought it, made it or gave it.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:30 AM

Wow Sutabug your granddaughter is extremely talented. Okay my favorite (a little pricey) was my 4 children got together and had a picture taken of them, and I wanted one for so long. It means alot since 3 are stepchildren.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

the cutest gift for me was penquin car seat covers from my DIL. We had a good long laugh over them.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:06 AM

Oh I had to jump on this one! The cutest gift I received was a ceramic angel with a tea light & fragrance tart. It would have been my favorite gift EXCEPT I had given it to my dear daughter-in-law LAST Christmas and she'd never opened it!!! The only thing that saved her was the label on my gift said it was from the granddaughters. LOL!!!