Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Digitizing Software for Embroidery Machines? >

Digitizing Software for Embroidery Machines?

Digitizing Software for Embroidery Machines?

Old 10-26-2014, 05:16 PM

Default Digitizing Software for Embroidery Machines?

Does anyone own digitizing software, for converting clipart into machine embroidery files? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2014, 04:33 AM

There are lots of them out there. I have 5D Pro and it does it. Right now I'm taking a class where we create a design in EQ7, save it as a bmp file and then in 5D or 6D we digitize it. If I were you, I'd google it and decide on what price point you have. I like the Floriani software from what I've seen mainly because they don't charge you when they upgrade it. good luck. There are also companies online that will do this for you
Old 10-27-2014, 04:47 AM

Before you buy, there is a free software for digitizing --http://sophiesew.com/SS2/the-software/ and http://www.thredworks.com/index.php Sophiesew.com also has video tutorials you can download to your computer- http://sophiesew.com/SS2/portfolio/s...n-1-tutorials/
I have a friend who has taught herself with this one. I have PE Design, so I cannot speak for the free ones...but it might be worth a trial run.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
There are lots of them out there. I have 5D Pro and it does it. Right now I'm taking a class where we create a design in EQ7, save it as a bmp file and then in 5D or 6D we digitize it. If I were you, I'd google it and decide on what price point you have. I like the Floriani software from what I've seen mainly because they don't charge you when they upgrade it. good luck. There are also companies online that will do this for you
Thanks! Actually, my price range depends upon the program and what it does. I've read reviews on several different ones and am hoping to get opinions from QB folks, before deciding upon one.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Before you buy, there is a free software for digitizing --http://sophiesew.com/SS2/the-software/ and http://www.thredworks.com/index.php Sophiesew.com also has video tutorials you can download to your computer- http://sophiesew.com/SS2/portfolio/s...n-1-tutorials/
I have a friend who has taught herself with this one. I have PE Design, so I cannot speak for the free ones...but it might be worth a trial run.
Thanks! I wonder if that's the same free trial, I came across the other day. I need to start taking notes!
Old 10-27-2014, 07:59 AM

Sophiesew is not a "trial"..you use and own it after downloading. I understand 'some' are trials and you cannot save your designs after creating them. I suppose you would decide from the difficulty of the program whether to buy or not. I would be soooo frustrated not to stitch it out and see the end result.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Sophiesew is not a "trial"..you use and own it after downloading. I understand 'some' are trials and you cannot save your designs after creating them. I suppose you would decide from the difficulty of the program whether to buy or not. I would be soooo frustrated not to stitch it out and see the end result.
I have to agree. A trial is no good, unless it's an actual working program, from start to finish.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Thanks! Actually, my price range depends upon the program and what it does. I've read reviews on several different ones and am hoping to get opinions from QB folks, before deciding upon one.
I do like 5D Pro and there are features in 6D that is even better. I'm not ready to upgrade because I haven't been able to use even a small fraction of the features yet so I figure it'd be a waste of money. The store I go to is helping me work on that now including extra classes to learn it. Check to see if Floriani is doing a show in your area, they go all over. I've seen their software demo too, they are about the same cost of 5D. The best time to buy software is if you are at a show or demo. Like here the Viking educator comes every yr or so and so does the Floriani and at those shows you can get great price reductions on your software. I'd never buy the software, even to upgrade unless it was at one of those shows. I do know that most of the time the Viking stores can do the software with zero financing for a certain amount of time, that saves alot. Good luck. See what stores you have around you and if you can get demos. Make sure what ever software you get you ask if they do multiple formats. There are a few good books out, one is from John Deer and mrpatience.com has lots of free videos on the 5 and 6D plus classes that you can pay for as well. I'd check out many different things before I bought. Especially if you can get a place locally to help if needed when you get stuck.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:36 AM

You might want to take a look at a product called Embrilliance. I believe they offer a 30 day free trial, the "essentials" product to you started is much less costly than most, it is compatible with all sorts of machine formats, and runs on a Mac or PC. I bought it a couple of years ago when my old Bernina software didn't work on my upgraded Windows. It works great, but I've been spending most of my time quilting, so haven't learn it thoroughly yet.