Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Disney!  I need new shoes. Help! >

Disney! I need new shoes. Help!

Disney! I need new shoes. Help!

Old 09-15-2021, 06:13 PM

Question Disney! I need new shoes. Help!

Well, it's been ages since I have been to Disney. Like 30+ years! I was there twice as a young child shortly after they opened, then a few times when my grandmother moved to Florida. The last time I was there, they were still building Epcot! In any case, we are going in November! Friends belong to the Disney Vacation Club, and are getting the accommodations. It will be an exhausting week. Our friends are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary, and I just got married to my high school boyfriend in May. It's been crazy!

That being said, I need to get some good, comfortable shoes for the trip, and am looking for recommendations. I know we will be running around and on our feet A LOT. These people are like Energizer bunnies! In any case, I need good support. What brand do you love? Thinking of walking/running shoes.

Thanks, everyone!
Old 09-15-2021, 06:53 PM

I like both Brooks & Hoka One One. I can get the Brooks through Amazon but only after wearing & knowing what size works.
The Hoka One One I can wear a smaller size by getting mens. The toe box is more comfortable. Check out a specialty shoe store. They are more interested in helping you find what you need. Both of these are $$ but last a long time & I wear 1 or the other everyday.

Last edited by ctrysass2012; 09-15-2021 at 06:57 PM. Reason: add info
Old 09-16-2021, 02:11 AM

I have a pair of Easy Spirit slip ons that I got for a trip to Europe. They are now well used and I will probably look for another pair to replace them. I also find shoes by Keen and Merrill are easy on the feet, but they are a little more clunky. My SIL calls looking for comfortable shoes akin to searching for the Holy Grail. Good luck - have fun!
Old 09-16-2021, 02:43 AM

Anything by Easy Spirit is great! I have their slip ons and their (what I call)"Tennis Shoes" made in leather. They both wear well and are very comfortable from the first day. I got on their email list and get their emails and coupons for mail ordering, which I do. The sizes run true to size for me.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:00 AM

I always have good luck with New Balance shoes.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:58 AM

You might want to go to one of the shoe stores that can check out how your arch supports you and then find the right shoe for your arch. I used Nike Air for the longest time because I have high arches and needed lots of support there but as my feet have aged, the Nike Airs were not working as well. Now I use Saucony. My father walks with Brooks. My mom used New Balance. It is all about your arches, I'm convinced! Have fun in Disney World and I wish for you lots of joy with your new husband.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:19 AM

My husband and I love Asics - they have extremely good arch support. He walks 4 miles every day (rain or shine) and I just wear mine. They last a long time.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by quilt-fanatic View Post
My husband and I love Asics - they have extremely good arch support. He walks 4 miles every day (rain or shine) and I just wear mine. They last a long time.
My husband has very flat feet and he swears by Asics. If he wears them, he doesn't have to wear his arch supports. They're excellent shoes and do last a long time.

I have high arches and no real problems. For me it's Reeboks. I swear the last they use to develop Reeboks looks just like my foot. They fit me really well and because they are aerobic shoes, they have lots of cushioning without big thick soles. I avoid shoes with big soles like a lot of walking shoes have. I know they are supposed to be good and keep your feet in alignment, but if the sole extends beyond the shoe on the side, they seem to make me trip. I've already broken and ankle, I don't need that again!
Old 09-16-2021, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

Shoes are so personal! My BFF swears by Ecco shoes and sandals for walking trips. I can wear most anything. Some Skechers are good too. Depends on the foot and fit.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Shoes are so personal! My BFF swears by Ecco shoes and sandals for walking trips. I can wear most anything. Some Skechers are good too. Depends on the foot and fit.
I really does. I had a friend who swore by Nikes. They just don't fit my feet that well. It a hard thing, but you really have to just try them out and see which ones work for you.