Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you decorate for Thanksgiving? >

Do you decorate for Thanksgiving?

Do you decorate for Thanksgiving?

Old 11-12-2012, 04:01 PM

You betcha inside and out. We love decorating for most holidays! Will try to get DH to put pics on here. Me and the photo bucket don't get along well. LOL
Penny
Old 11-12-2012, 05:38 PM

Love the turkeys!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:43 PM

I love that turkey quilt - so cute.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:03 AM

I decorate for fall rather than Halloween, so I leave it all out until Thanksgiving. My favorite is my large dough bowl that I fill with Indian corn and ceramic gourds that look real. I do have a cornocopia with fall flowers in it that I put out with the other decorations, but nothing specifically for Thanksgiving. Christmas this year I'm going to cut way back, just DH and me for most of the season, for the first time we will be going to the kids' homes. So I'm just going to do our front porch, my stairway garland, the Nativity set and the main tree. I'm not going to drag it all out and do every room for just the two of us. Oh, I will change that dough bowl from corn to pine garland, red berries and huge pinecones. I usually leave that in place for a good part of the winter.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:12 AM

I get out my Thanksgiving table runner!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:07 AM

I used to decorate for all the holidays. But this year everything except some Christmas stuff went to the Girl Scouts yard sale. I have adopted a new saying here, "If you get it out, you have to put it away", and as I get older it is just to much to put everything away all the time, so no more getting the stuff out.

Sandyl, I am all for the Thanksgiving table runner too.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:10 AM

Just the Centerpiece for Thanksgiving and it is a gorgeous roast turkey on a big white platter with baked sweet potatoes surrounding it and grapes. I don't particularly care for decorations for "holidays" like Hallowe'en. Actually, I intensely despise Hallowe'en decorations. I have a ceramic pumpkin that I put in the window on Hallowe'en to let the little kids know that we are home. As soon as it it over, I pack it up for another year. I do, however, go whole hog for Christmas. I decorate outside, every room in the house!!!! I found some really neat decorations at Walgreen's that I would love to have. They are lit "twigs" that I could use up the walkway to the house. I think I'll wait until the 26th of December and get them half-price for next year. I have the neatest set of dishes for us for the holidays (just my husband and I) that I got at Walgreen's for $3.75 or something like that - service for four! That's the stuff I like!!! I love Christmas. Yesterday we had snow for the first time this year (well, this Fall, anyhow) and I went into Walgreen's and they were decorating for Christmas - Under normal times, it would totally turn me off, however, with the snow and cold and wind and slippery streets, the Christmas Spirit got me. But the most important thing is remembering that Easter and Christmas (the two most important holidays - in that order - are not presents we give, but the present we got over 2,000 years ago! And I say Happy Easter not Happy Spring and Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays, too. God BLess us everyone. Edie Now I am going back to my sewing!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:45 AM

No, I just leave the Halloween and fall stuff up, and then after thanksgiving bring up the Christmas stuff.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 AM

I decorate for fall, not Halloween, and after Halloween, I add Pilgrims, turkeys and cornucopias.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

I use to decorate when my girls were young and feed us as well as all the singles at work that had no place to go for the day. Now the girls are grown and most singles married... Haven't cooked in 2 years... take a cruise instead. That will probably change once my daughter has babies!