Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you enter online give aways?

Do you enter online give aways?

I enter a lot of quilt blog and facebook give aways. I won a $100 prepaid Visa from Brother, a set of Bock Lock rulers, Aurifil thread package, QuiltMaker 100 block magazine, quilt kit from Hancock's of Paducah, gift certificate from Fat Quarter Shop, and a selection of Steady Betty products since January. There are giveaways by the hundreds on quilt blogs everyday. I allow myself 30 minutes a day to enter blog giveaways (there are thousands of quilt blogs) and take advantage of being stuck in a waiting room by using my phone to enter. Anyone enter blog giveaways?
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I don't enter because I can't tell if they are valid or not.

Blog Entries
    I have only entered a couple but won a Quilt Maker 100 Blocks magazine.
    'He cannot be a gentleman which loveth not a dog' -John Northbrooke
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

I just never take take the time, but I might have to start. You have certainly made a great haul.

Quilt Blogs are valid, especially the ones that are blogs from the fabric industry or magazines. Bloggers have too much invested in their blogs and reputations to gyp someone. Especially the designers and shop owner blogs. You never have to give out more then an email address and if you win then you are contacted through email. You can have the prize sent to any address you want under any name you want. I always post a thank you on the blog if I win.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I don't enter anything, on line or not. Just the way I am.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I enter but never seem to win...
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Power Poster
    I have entered a few but gave up because I never win.

I don't enter either. They want too much personal information that I am not willing to give out. Sounds like you have been very successful, congratulations.
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

I have entered some online contests but never thought to look for them on quilting blogs. Going to do that soon. You certainly won a lot of great prizes. Of course, I always say "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all." I've never been very lucky.

When my husband was living we used to enter contests all the time...and surprisingly, did well; we won a couple of cars, several thousand dollars, small tools, etc. Since he passed on I haven't entered much of anything...and with postage being what it is, I probably won't enter much of anything anymore. I know I could enter online but I really don't want to take the time!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I've never given out personal info to enter blog give aways. The blogger doesn't want any personal info other then an address.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I've never given out personal info to enter blog give aways. The blogger doesn't want any personal info other then an address.
    ....then that addy can be sold or somehow obtained from that blog....more computer knowledge than I have.....and much info can be gleaned from it.......so I give me email addy to no one.......just to close and personal-like here!!!!!!!!

Many of the blogs I follow have giveaways. To be honest, I've entered a few but usually do not. They usually want you to make a comment. Two, if you are also a follower. Then they want to be liked on their FB and the sponsor's. And often some other things. I read the blogs because I enjoy their content. When I see the day's post is a giveaway I usually just move on. It is interesting to see that a normal day's comments may number 10 or 20 but when there is a giveaway it rises to astronomical numbers - in the hundreds and sometimes over a thousand.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Same here!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    ....then that addy can be sold or somehow obtained from that blog....more computer knowledge than I have.....and much info can be gleaned from it.......so I give me email addy to no one.......just to close and personal-like here!!!!!!!!

That's why you have a free google or yahoo email, just to use online and give to anyone.

Would you believe!!! I got this a few minutes ago:
    I'm happy to tell you that your name was drawn as the winner of a quilting book on Quilty Pleasures, the blog of Quiltmaker magazine. If you'll send me your shipping info, I'll get your package ready to go. Thanks for visiting and commenting on Quilty Pleasures. I really appreciate it!

Kind Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Would you believe!!! I got this a few minutes ago:

Now your home address.....have you noticed an increase in "junk" mail?

Blog Entries
    I am not a "heavy user" but I have entered on occasion. I firmly believe some people are luckier than others. Don't know why this is but here is an example.....I worked in the same hospital for years and I would always enter their little give aways...nothing big, but just fun coupons, etc. one of my employees entered many of the same contests I did. I can't tell you how many times he won in a 10 year period! It was a large hospital but people knew Brad....that nurse on 5th who wins everything! I on the other hand never won, no exaggeration. I always tried to convince him to go buy lottery tickets for me, lol. For some reason he never bought lottery tickets, crazy kid!
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Now your home address.....have you noticed an increase in "junk" mail?
    No. We rarely get junk mail. DH and I use to get the credit card and junk mailings every day. I signed up to stop the credit mail and it works. I forgot the name of it but it was like the do not call list. Register one time and that's all you need to do. I think it was through our ID fraud protection, but the sign up is a free service.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
    I am not a "heavy user" but I have entered on occasion. I firmly believe some people are luckier than others. Don't know why this is but here is an example.....I worked in the same hospital for years and I would always enter their little give aways...nothing big, but just fun coupons, etc. one of my employees entered many of the same contests I did. I can't tell you how many times he won in a 10 year period! It was a large hospital but people knew Brad....that nurse on 5th who wins everything! I on the other hand never won, no exaggeration. I always tried to convince him to go buy lottery tickets for me, lol. For some reason he never bought lottery tickets, crazy kid!
    I believe in that! I want to be lucky so I think I will win, not that I won't. Positive thinking and having expectations for good things to come my way has always worked for me. I taught my kids to think the same way. Can't hurt. And I don't buy lottery tickets. I don't believe lottery is a good thing.

I enter any contest I see! lol Just won a$60 Kitchen Aid hand mixer on a Facebook recipe site. I won about 30 free quilting books from one of the publishing companies about three years ago-that was awesome!
    Karen in Kentucky

I tend to win little stuff - I've won the block swap at our guild four times in two years. In fact, I was really sure I'd win something with all the drawings in the VT Shop Hop and was disappointed that I didn't win a thing. Silly, huh? Oh, well. Once in a while I enter the Better Homes & Gardens site drawings, but never won anything there either. Guess I should look up some blog sites and see what they have to offer. I agree about having a separate email for stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Also the way I am!!!!

I do enter fabric giveaways on blogs - but I've never won - but I am hopeful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast