Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all? >

Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all?

Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:09 AM

Usually when I get the blues, I over-analyze trying to figure out why. Normally a good night's sleep will do the trick. Funny thing....when the world is crashing down, I'm the calmest, most confident, positive person in the family. I'm only blue when things are grand!!! I'm way past menopause, but that was the WORST!!!! My Dr told me the only way to describe meno was PMS x 10.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Power Poster

On those occasions I sing my favourite songs. Since I am usually by myself, I can belt out a tune at the top of my lungs and sometimes (don't tell anyone) I've been known to shake my booty along with the singing. Make sure the drapes are closed and it's not time for the mailman to come by. :lol:
Old 07-03-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan
On those occasions I sing my favourite songs. Since I am usually by myself, I can belt out a tune at the top of my lungs and sometimes (don't tell anyone) I've been known to shake my booty along with the singing. Make sure the drapes are closed and it's not time for the mailman to come by. :lol:
This comment is great, and it certainly brought a smile to my face!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kathios
Usually when I get the blues, I over-analyze trying to figure out why. Normally a good night's sleep will do the trick. Funny thing....when the world is crashing down, I'm the calmest, most confident, positive person in the family. I'm only blue when things are grand!!! I'm way past menopause, but that was the WORST!!!! My Dr told me the only way to describe meno was PMS x 10.
I know! Same here!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan
This is great! lol Although I'd probably just do it and not worry about the shades or the mailman. I bet my gs would be entertained!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by nyelphaba
It happens to me frequently, I call it menopause.
Exactly! I'm 28 but hit surgical menopause 2 years ago. I never knew all the symptoms of menopause but when I found myself getting blue a lot, I went to my doctor. He told me that it's part of the "change" along with so many other symptoms I was having and that excercise will help end the blues.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:37 AM

My cure for the blues works for me every time - Go Shopping!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:38 AM
saf

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
I'm here with my wonderful gs babysitting for the weekend while dd is in RI with a friend, son is in Myrtle Beach with his dad, and I feel blue, all of a sudden. Why?

Do you ever feel like this? Is it age? A cloudy day? Subconscious? Am I missing something? Am I starting to feel sorry that I am single? Am I tired? Meno?

There's a twilight zone marathon, Drop Dead Diva marathon, next week I'm on vaca and watching gs while dd works, stuff to sew, and life in general is good.

Does this ever happen to you? How do you snap out of it? Do you ever figure out what it is to begin with?
Happens all the time but concentrate on the things that make you happy...put on some music and like everything else in life, it passes.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
My cure for the blues works for me every time - Go Shopping!
lolol yes, that works too!

Love your avatar!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio
and there is medication. menapause is not for sissies. I asked my dr. "how long does this last". he just patted me on the arm and said "for the rest of your life" what? we have periods, we have the kids and now this crap?! that ain't right I grumbled
Oh, what a terrible thing for Dr. to say, lol. My Dr. told me that the strongest symptoms usually last anywhere from 5-13 years but then taper off. You may still experience some symptoms after that, but they're not as severe or as common.