Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you go to the Farmers Markets? What vegetables or fruits do you like to buy?

Blog Entries
    Do you go to the Farmers Markets? What vegetables or fruits do you like to buy?

I love buying sweet corn! green beans, tomatoes

Indiana Mushmelons (cantaloupes)

Strawberries, Peaches

Since I don't have a garden, I buy tomatoes, corn on the cob. okra, yellow squash, zucchini, peaches, onions, lettuce, everything they have, pretty much. Except beets. It is much easier to open an occasional can for them.

Blog Entries
    melons, any kind... green beans... okra...PEACHES... strawberries....blueberries...yummies...

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to one this Saturday and will hopefully get to meet a QB member while I am there. I can't remember her member name but we chat on FB quite a lot. Maybe I will find some good veggies while I am there.

Blog Entries
    I went to a small Church market and just got some cherries, peaches and green beans.

Blog Entries
    Everything in sight except okra -yuk

Blog Entries
    Strawberries, Raspberries, Tomatoes

I love the yellow squash, tomatoes, corn and peaches.

Power Poster
    tomatoes greenbeans and squash

Yes, we have one downtown in our little city every Saturday morning.
    I usually buy Lettuce, Cilantro, Broccoli, Asparagus, Corn, Green Beans, Strawberries, baby spinach, Honey, Japanese Cucumbers
    Sometimes onions, ginger and tomatoes too!

Blog Entries
    We have our farmers' markets, and then we have our Hmong farmers who do beautiful strawberries and other garden stuff.
    I never buy strawberries in grocery stores, the Hmongs have marvelous quality control on theirs and we never find a whitish one on the bottom of the box like in grocery stores. Never. I think they would be highly embarrassed should such a thing happen.

Blog Entries
    We have 2 farmer's markets close by. One on Sat & 1 Sun. We buy tomatoes, corn on the cob, & peppers.

Tomatoes, tomatoes tomatoes!!!

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    corn (because it takes up too much space to fit it in my small garden, plus it attracts raccoons)... and my favorite is local peaches, perfectly ripe and wondrously fragrant.

Blog Entries
    Green Beans, tomatoes, corn and homemade jams and jellies, also pickled squash yummm!

My hubby loves going to the Farmers Market. He buys tomatoes, cucumbers, new potatoes, green beans and okra. I just tag along.

Blog Entries
    Here in California we are absolutely spoiled with the wonderful fruit we have available. I go to the Farmer's market almost every Sat. morning. I love talking to the farmers that actually grow the crops. The growers offer free samples. Our farmers market goes well beyond fruits and vegetables. We have breads, fish, baked goods, and lots of home made goodies.

Jim
    We have a great Farmer's Market in a nice new pavillion in downtown Bardstown...I have bought all vegetables imagineable as well as flowers...fresh cut and perennials. They even sell jams and jellies and rocks and lawn ornaments...its a nice place to browse and even taste some of the products..lots of nice people....will be going more often starting AUG 3rd...have to start taking my grandson back to school and drive right past it early in the mornings

I wish I had some Indiana tomatoes..lol..we're in a co-op with our DD and hubby..on Tues we order..then every Sat the farmers bring them to a pre-arranged spot for pick-up..it's neat and cost $60.00 a month ($30 each) melons..strawberries..squash..tomatoes..pears..on and on ! It's cheap and really fresh !

I buy anything except brussel sprouts...yuck!! And, the market I go to (they have it twice a week, year round in a church parking lot here), there is a lady that makes the most wonderful cheeses. She has a special holiday cheddar that is so sharp it crackles on your tongue.

yum yum lots of tomatoes.

We have a farmer's market within walking distance and when it isn't too hot I do walk over there.

Armenian cucumbers, nectorines, and white peaches are my favorites. But there is such a good variety of veggies, I will get a lot of different ones for the next week's meals. It sure beats anything in the supermarket.

Sweet corn is my favorite but I like baby carrots and baby red potatoes fresh out of the ground!

We have a Saturday market that sells all kinds of things in addition to food. The local bread bakery (Great Harvest) has a booth with free samples. There are always beautiful bouquets of flowers for $5 and $10. Apples, zucchini, peaches, beets, greens, radishes, tomatoes, pluots, jars of fresh honey, homemade organic doggy bisquits, one of a kind birdhouses, bead jewelry. I love going there.

Blog Entries
    seasons do vary, green bewans, okra, sweet potatoes, sometimes strawberries cucumbers onions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast