Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you have a business/personal card that you leave? >

Do you have a business/personal card that you leave?

Do you have a business/personal card that you leave?

Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 PM

I ordered cards from Vista Print...actually were cheaper than buying the business card stock when I did mine. They have layouts already done so you can just add your info. It really works well to exchange cards rather than hunting for something to write on!!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

I think it a stupendous idea. Thats how i met a nice friend in michaels in feb.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:53 PM

Not a dumb idea at all. I have cards printed up with my name, blog address, and email printed on one side, and different pictures of my quilts on the other. My friend & blog partner, Cindi, had them printed up for me as a gift. She got them through Moo.com. They are so cool, people ask for one and then fight over which quilt picture they want. lol
Old 09-10-2012, 04:04 AM

Peckish, your cards sound delightful would love to see a picture of one. So, you have different quilts on each card? I thought at first you were saying that you had several quilts on each card. So neat. Thanks for your responses so now I think I'll go and print up some cards until I design one and have them professionally done.
Sandy
Old 09-10-2012, 04:38 AM

RVer's use the cards as way to stay in touch with new friends that we meet in our travels. Ours has my avatar picture on them and our personal contact information. I do them myself. It's fun to look through the ones we receive and remember people we have met along the way even if we didn't stay in touch.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 AM

Great idea!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:51 AM

We often make our own personal cards. Usually we put a pic of us on it, and our names, email addy, and sometimes a cell phone number. We also do huge displays at our house for halloween and christmas. We have a website with pics and vids of the displays and have printed up cards with the url to give to people that stop by to see the display so they can check out the website when they get home.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by sandyl View Post
Peckish, your cards sound delightful would love to see a picture of one.
Sure!

I think these would be a great idea for LA quilters, I've had a lot of people ask me to make a quilt for them after seeing one of my cards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]361713[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cards1.jpg  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Sure!

I think these would be a great idea for LA quilters, I've had a lot of people ask me to make a quilt for them after seeing one of my cards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]361713[/ATTACH]
I've made some and got some from Vistaprint for my DH. Saves people from hunting for writing tools. But nothing like yours, Peckish.....

"Oooooooohs and aaaaaaaaaaaahs!"
Old 09-10-2012, 06:26 PM

I ordered free cards from Vista print. I use them to give to people who I meet that I think are interesting. I also use them when I have talked with other quilters who were going to send me something online. I write on the back of the card what we talked about...pattern, technique, fabric, embroidery design source or whatever and give them the card. The early always reply because they remember where they got the card and it states what they were going to share. Sometimes I am sharing with them such as my LA quilter and I tell them to send me an email and I will remember to get it to them. I still write on the back as a reminder to them what they wanted from me. I think it would be fine to share your card especially for those you would like to stay in touch with in the future.