Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Do you have pierced ears?

Mine are pierced - twice in each ear. I used to wear a diamond stud in one hole and a small gold hoop in the other. I haven't worn earrings in so long, I don't remember when I did!! Actually, I'm not a jewelery person. I like the way it looks - so pretty and shiny - but I don't wear it - never have worn much. All I wear now is a watch and it comes off as soon as I get into the house in the afternoons. If I don't work, the watch doesn't go on.
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by willferg View Post
    I have three in each year...not sure what that says about me, lol. I wear gold hoops in graduated sizes, sometimes swapping out the first set for special occasions. I sleep with them all and never give them a thought.
    Me too! Glad I'm not the only one! I wear small diamond stud in the top holes, small birthstone in middle holes, these two pair stay in all the time, sleep and bathe with them. Dont often put any in the bottom holes, only when dressing up, going somewhere!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Yes I have pierced ears. I only wear stud or small earrings.
    DaleenKay

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Let's see I was 16 when I had mine pierced years ago. Found out I have a nickle allergy, so I have to wear the silver or gold earrings that have no nickle or the earrings that state they have no nickle. But its all good for me .. I usually wear earrings all the time - the ball ones usually golden.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

When I was 16, I went with 2 friends who were getting their ears pierced. The 1st one got so nervous I had to call my father to come pick her up. The 2nd one (her sister) almost passed out while it was being done. My older sister had hers done and her lobe tore. My younger sister had hers done and got an infection. So...my ears remain unpierced. I wear earrings every day, even if I'm not going anywhere. (I also kept a spare pair in my car and in my desk when I was working...just in case I forgot to put them on in the morning) One advantage to not having pierced ears is that every one of my friends who pierced their ears later in life gave me their clip-on earrings (and they all had great taste!).

No pierced ears or any other body parts for me. I only have the holes that I was born with.

I was in my 30s when I got mine pierced - but it was not done well, one ear was not pierced straight through and every time I tried to put earrings in, it was difficult to get in and kept getting infections from the work required to get it through - so I let that ear close. It has been years, and I have lovely earrings that I would love to wear but am hesitant to try getting that ear pierced again........ and somehow I just don't look good with one earring in one ear! oh, well.

I got mine pierced when I was about 5 when Dad was stationed in Panama. Several years later when we came back to the states they kept getting infected. I became allergic to the metals. Even the hypoallergy metals. I can't take any kind of metal. My kids were born by C-Section, the doctor remembered my metal allergy with the first one and did stitches. He forgot witht he second one and did staples. I was in his office 4 days later because every staple entry was infected. I can wear rings and necklaces, I just can't have metal in my body. My DH calls me weirdo.
    Sharyl

Quote Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
    Mine are pierced....twice in each ear. I'm a rebel.....
    mine are too
    Blessed are the piece makers for their children shall inherit the quilts.

I grew up in a strict religious sect where we were not allowed to have pierced ears or lipstick or fancy hair cuts, or any colorful clothes, etc. When I was 18 and wanted out, I started doing rebellious things like wearing a lip balm with a bit of color, getting my hair trimmed (a little bit,) and then my semi final act of rebellion, getting my ears pierced. This was 1966! My final act of rebellion was leaving the group but that is another tale for another day.

I love my pierced ears. I was a school nurse and wore a uniform so I used my earrings to dress up my uniformed self. I had earrings for every holiday, real and costume. When I retired, I sterilized my earrings and for every holiday in my last year, I gave my earrings to a student who wanted them. Many boys with pierced ears got my studs and they were really excited about it.

I first had mine pierced at 35 yrs, Had reaction in the left ear, then about 3 yrs ago my granddaughter wanted me to go with her and re do mine, so I did & so did her mom, the girl is fine, the mom & me had an allergy in the left ear and had to let them grow shut, now at 75 I don`t think I`ll be doing it again. But sure liked the earrings.

Power Poster
    My mom never would get hers done..I have three in each ear...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4