Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you sleep all night or not and >

do you sleep all night or not and

do you sleep all night or not and

Old 10-23-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I would sleep a whole lot better if my Great Dane didn't take her half out of the middle of the bed. She likes to sleep crosswise instead of lengthwise, so that has a definite bearing on how well I sleep. I know, I know. Well, YOU COME AND GET HER OFF THE BED!!!! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
LOL!!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:54 PM

In Nursing, I worked long hours of shift work and being on call. My husband snores loudly. After retiring, I thought I would began getting good nights sleep. However, I don't sleep. I go to bed between 12:30 --2:00AM and generally sleep til 6-7 am. I take Ambien every night. Sometimes I have choactic dreams but not often. My mother, sister, brothers all had the same problem... just heredity, I guess.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:59 PM

I'm 50 and I have that same problem! Yikes! At least we get those few hours! :D
Old 10-23-2011, 08:00 PM

My fur baby Coco, My little dog sleeps on my bed and she keeps me awake snoring she's worse than a human lol.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by woody
I'm 45 and I think hormones have a large part to play in my terrible sleep patterns lately. I have no trouble getting to sleep no matter what time I go to bed but then I often wake at around 2 am and toss and turn for hours before nodding off again usually around 4-30 or 5 am. I would get up and sew but I feel so tired I think I would just make silly mistakes and get even more frustrated :(
Old 10-24-2011, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by pawebdoctor
I'm laughing out loud reading this...
I have a 150 lb. chocolate lab... who doesn't sleep with me... but takes over and rules every other aspect of my life.

As for sleeping... at 55 with sleep apnea (yes, I wear a mask)... I know I sleep... but never soundly throughout the night... something wakes me... bathroom, readjusting my mask, turning my pillow, bathroom, thirsty, hot, more readjustment, cold, my arms hurt, turn my pillow again, hot, bathroom, cold... time to wake up!!! WTF!!!
It seems I'm in very good company! I can't remember the last time I actually slept through an entire night.

I also have sleep apnea and use a mask and while it seems to be helping somewhat, it's not the "cure-all" I was led to believe!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:17 AM

My insomnia started way back before meno; it's health related, and yes, I have to take naps, tho most of the time, I don't sleep; I just lie there with my eyes closed.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:18 AM

Recently, no.... I either can't get to sleep or wake up during the night. These are both symptoms of menapause. My doctor thinks I am perimenapausal.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:01 PM

No, I don't sleep.. Last night not at all.. by the time I felt sleepy it was almost 7am.. so I didn't bother. I never ever nap, or I'd never get any sleep.. usually I go to bed about midnight, get up about 2.. go back to bed about 5 and get up at 7 or so.. so what's that 4 hours with a 2 hour wake time in the middle.. I get up.. I lay there a few minutes, but if I'm wide awake it makes no sense to just lay there to me... Last night I came in here and was messing around on the computer when I discovered that my girlfriend was also awake and on her computer!!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:43 AM

I try to fight the dreaded NANO NAP but it doesnt work, sometimes it is half an hour, other times up to 2 hours.
Mind you I go to bed around midnight and am up by 5am.
But I am 67.