Does this happen to you?

Old 07-06-2013, 05:05 AM

Default Does this happen to you?

I got up this morning & headed to the computer to spend a few minutes checking out QB PICTURES section. Noticed DoriDeS's quilt pic (http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t225198.html) and liked it.

Decided to check out similar quilts using Mr.. Google images. While looking at the images, I came across
a quilt pic and the geometric designed intrigued me so, of course, I visited the website to learn more about it.

Turns out the quilt design was a representation of the Fibonacci numbers. Fibonacci? who's that?

Headed to Wikipedia to learn more and ended up veering off to read about Lucas numbers and the Golden Ratio.I learned that the Golden Ratio is used for quilting (among other things) to get the best ratio in rectangular and other quilt designs. I also learned that there are books of puzzles that are based on the F. Numbers.

Since I love puzzles, both pencil and jigsaw, I google "puzzles' and find JigZone (http://www.jigzone.com/) website. I've been there before but hadn't visited for a long time.
There I spent the best part of an hour doing an animal jigsaw puzzle. So my few minutes of computer time turned into quite a bit longer than that.

This is why I have so many quilt UFOs. Good thing I'm retired!

Does this sort of thing happen to you? The internet is addicting...at least it seems that way to me!

Last edited by ranger; 07-06-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

LOL sounds like my day
Old 07-06-2013, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

i learned a long time ago when I am going to get on the computer- but want to accomplish something today too- I set a timer for 45 minutes---my kitchen timer has a 1 minute warning beep- I get on the computer- when the 1 minute warning beeps I know I have 1 minute to wrap up what I am doing & shut down- when the timer goes off (it drives me crazy-doesn't stop til I get there) I shut it off & move on to another activity. I may go back to the computer later *setting the timer again*...i'm sometimes referred to as 'the timer queen' I set timers for everything- when I 'm quilting I set a timer so I don't get so involved I spend way too much time & forget to stop & eat...or work til i'm so sore I can hardly move. timers help me get things done.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:35 AM

Ask me why I was running late trying to get out of the house.. Jigzone.. I'm not retired.. I'm just running late.. ughhh
Old 07-06-2013, 06:04 AM

Had to try the jig zone. Cool. And, yes, happens to me all the time. It's kind of disappointing if it doesn't happen.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

It is wonderful to have a world of knowledge only a click away. Of course one click leads to another and another and.......there goes the morning.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:12 AM

Just think of it this way, you could have turn on TV and probably not only learned nothing, but also not learned a thing while having fun. Actually sounds like time well spent to me!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I find the internet has taught a lot!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 07:47 AM

Yes....it does. So, is that a problem? If so.....why? Sounds perfect to me. We were able to live long enough to retire. We have enough sense to use the computer and do internet investigations. We also have health enough to be up, doing what intrigues us....still having curious minds. We like to learn. Shall I go on?
Old 07-06-2013, 11:14 AM

Yes, that sounds exactly like what I do when I get on the Internet! I love it, but it drives DH nuts because I spend so much time on it. He doesn't have anything to do the net or computers.