Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
From Don-isewman-Muscatine member-A subject not to quilting >

From Don-isewman-Muscatine member-A subject not to quilting

From Don-isewman-Muscatine member-A subject not to quilting

Old 10-11-2010, 03:14 PM

Jan is right. I was a military wife for a career and a mother inlaw of a career Army Member and let me tell you, their commanders expect them to keep in touch and time is put aside for non-classified phone calls. Keep the faith, Dad. Our Lord hears our prayers, you son is covered and now you and yours are, too.

Blessings,
Ruth
Old 10-11-2010, 03:41 PM

Don I will keep your son in my thoughts.

I agree with Shannon!
I too am a military spouse and depending on his MOS the family may NEVER know where he is or what he is doing! He may be able to contact them yes, but it may just be a "yes I am alive" phone call. Also don't count on those "free" phone calls, or emails. My husband never had access to free phones, nor did he has internet access. It really all depends on their MOS and where they are stationed at! Shoot there were times he didn't have access to toilet paper, much less a computer which had internet. Yes, I sent him BOXES of TP because they had none!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

(((HUGS))) I know that this was a shock, but I am betting you hear from him when you least expect it, and I bet it isn't too far off, either :D (((HUGS)))
Old 10-11-2010, 03:50 PM

My heart goes out to you all! I've never had to cope with this as my boys weren't at the right ages when our young men were needed. I thank God for all the men and women who are serving. Carol
Old 10-11-2010, 04:03 PM

Please do keep us posted! I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. I will certainly say prayers for you and your family.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

Don, my heart goes out to you and your family. Please know that thousands upon thousands pray for all of our men and women in service to our country.
HUGS, Sue
Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 PM

Don I have no words of wisdom except to lean on the Lord during this awful, stressful time. I will def. specifically pray for your Dear Son & his group, as well as you & your family. Your DDIL & precious baby will really need you now. Family's need to stick close. The Members here offered great advice. Know that we are here for you. You may need to reach out if you do need us, but we are here! Hang in there Dad.

{{{{{HUGE HUGS}}}}}
Old 10-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

How horrible. You are in limbo. You and your are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:07 AM

Don, first I want to thank your son and all other military service persons for the time and service to our country. They are greatly appreciated by me. Then I want to say sometimes we forget the pain and heartache the family has to endure during their loved ones service time of being in danger and gone from home. To you and your family, and all the other families I say thank you. And please keep us posted. Thank you for sharing your story.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:19 AM

Prayers and Blessings to you and yours!