Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Downloading fom Pinterest

Downloading fom Pinterest

I wanted to download the Delectable Mountain pattern from Pinterest and I am confused about how to navigate the site. Would appreciate any help.
    I want to make this pattern with a jelly roll.
    Last edited by fish92241; 09-11-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    "Finish each day and be done with it ..... Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it well and serenely."

Blog Entries
    Pinterest is a place to pin images, not store data or info. If you click on the 'pinned from' text under the image, it may take you to the site that owns it and if there is a pattern there, you might be able to purchase it or download it. I would try googling 'Delectable Mountain Jelly Roll' pattern and see if one comes up for a "real" non-pinterest site. I have only seen Delectable Mountains made from large HST that are recut, not strips, but it should be doable.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

When you see an image on Pinterest and click on it, you will end up on the website, blog or wherever the image came from. In the case of Delectable Mountain it will take you to Bonnie Hunter's website

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/free-patterns.html

She has lots of free patterns there & Delectable Mountain is one of them.

Oops, just went there & looked- her pattern is called Scrappy Mountain Majesties
    Last edited by Maggiemay; 09-11-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    I found this one which uses a jelly roll, but it's not free http://ohfransson.bigcartel.com/prod...-quilt-pattern
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Never quite "got" the purpose of that site....just a jumble of pics, like a giant scrapbook to me...don't go there unless dd forwards something she thinks I " might be interested in"..... I perk, then delete!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I've found a lot of things that I've liked and go to the contact that may be on there. Most often I just Google what I'm looking for. Often you have to word your search differently. If I find what I'm looking for I save it in favorites or bookmark it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Never quite "got" the purpose of that site....just a jumble of pics, like a giant scrapbook to me...don't go there unless dd forwards something she thinks I " might be interested in"..... I perk, then delete!
    My, my, should have proofread this...s/b. I peek, then delete! Sorry all!

Blog Entries
    I love Pinterest as a means of bookmarking sites that I find.

It allows me to categorize pages, move things from one category to another with ease.

I save many recipes I have 'to try' and 'made' categories for different types of food. In review the recipe in the comments after I have made it.

I like too that I can easily post items from Pinterest share with friends on Facebook.

I have over 900 'Pins', that would be tough to keep track of using regular bookmarks. I can also see my pins on all my devices, whereas book marks are limited to just one device.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

What size blocks do you start with?
    Ms Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    I love Pinterest as a means of bookmarking sites that I find.

It allows me to categorize pages, move things from one category to another with ease.

I save many recipes I have 'to try' and 'made' categories for different types of food. In review the recipe in the comments after I have made it.

I like too that I can easily post items from Pinterest share with friends on Facebook.

I have over 900 'Pins', that would be tough to keep track of using regular bookmarks. I can also see my pins on all my devices, whereas book marks are limited to just one device.
    I also like Pinterest. I like being able to set up folders of my interests such as quilts, free motion motifs, kids stuff, etc. and then I can go back and check on them. Others who look at my folders can repin them for their info and I can repin theirs. Some of my contacts really like Pinterest to find recipes or exercise programs, etc. A fun place to waste a lot of time at.

Oh, that is a pretty one. I'm glad you asked that question. I wondered, too.

Blog Entries
    I think delectable mountains is a Eleanor Burns pattern. Don't think you can download from pinterest

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Kay View Post
    What size blocks do you start with?
    If course that would depend on the size quilt you are making and the number of "mountains" you wish to have. This one has 10 "mountains" and she starts with 8.5 " squares. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/...majesties.html

I was thinking to start with 12 inch squares, make a couple and see how they measure out. But I'm not really a "pattern" person. I'm more a "try a couple and see how it works" LOL
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Thanks everyone. I understand now that it just takes you to a website for the pattern you are interested in. Wonderful board. Always helps. Think I will make the one from Quiltville. I'll use my strips for something else.
    "Finish each day and be done with it ..... Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it well and serenely."

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
    Very nice!
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work. Retired and quilting!