Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Downton Abbey - First Episode Season Six

Downton Abbey - First Episode Season Six

Great episode, but I thought they resolved the blackmail issue with Lady Mary a little quickly. Very good start to the final season overall.

Serita

in the land of fruits, nuts, flakes & quakes!
    Yes, I agree....a very good start to the final season. Did you happen to watch the 1 hour program before the first episode? They mentioned that Season 6 is all about "resolutions" to all that has happened in the prior 5 seasons! I can't wait for next week!
    ~melrose~
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Melrose R View Post
    Yes, I agree....a very good start to the final season. Did you happen to watch the 1 hour program before the first episode? They mentioned that Season 6 is all about "resolutions" to all that has happened in the prior 5 seasons! I can't wait for next week!
    I am late to the Downton party, so watching the special presentations was helpful. It has made to want to watch the earlier seasons. I really started watching in Season 5. So I missed out on a lot.

In the beautiful hills of northwest Connecticut.
    Love Downton Abbey! I'm so sad to see it go ... looking forward to the rest of the series.
    ​My soul is fed with needle & thread.

Blog Entries
    i think it's a great start, too... but it moved very quickly overall... hard to absorb what was happening
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Yes I agree about the blackmail settlement. I wonder if there will still be an issue with it later. There are a lot of loose ends to tie up! I hope Edith ends up with a happy ending.
    Lori

I watched the last episodes online. So sad to see it go. But there is always something good on Masterpiece.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I got all of the seasons at the libary and had a week long marathon of Downton Abby.

Watched it and will watch the rerun on demand......also watched the pre-program....kind of strange to see the
    "characters" in "real life"--- I must say, some were more attractive in character. Also watched the story of the actual castle afterwards..very interesting...love the history of England......so grand.......let's see, what's coming back again soon!

My dear, dear hubby actually came in and tried to talk to me about 5 minutes into the program. First time in 32 years I've told him to be quiet!

The problem was that if it went on with time, we we all end up mourning the lost of Violet. People didn't live into the 90s back then. Lot of interesting rumors going around. It is going to be enjoyable. At least they ended the you know what that just seem to go on for too long!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I watched the last episodes online. So sad to see it go. But there is always something good on Masterpiece.
    Me too but I'm enjoying watching them again. I pick up details I didn't notice the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanredner View Post
    I got all of the seasons at the libary and had a week long marathon of Downton Abby.
    I will have to see if our local library has them...odds are they would be checked out right now.

I meant I watched the ending season on line. I don't like to have to wait for weeks to watch when I can watch it all.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    was it resolved? missed that.

Yes, I watched it as well as the show before showing what's to be expected. Its nice to know the real names behind the character they play. Also interesting to see what these folks really look like in real life compared the to drab looking character some of them play.

My DVR decided to take a nose dive so couldn't record it but I preordered Season 6 a couple months ago so will be able to watch them again later. Went back to watch all the previous seasons 1st just to bring me up to speed again.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

I absolutely adore the love story between Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes. I agree the Mary "problem" was resolved way to soon. It would have been fun to see Mary go after her blackmailer in full Mary fashion.

Mr. Barrows seems to have taken a shine to George and Marigold. The horsey ride was classic!
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I meant I watched the ending season on line. I don't like to have to wait for weeks to watch when I can watch it all.
    Yes, me too. So we both know how it all turns out.

We are still waiting for it to air here in Australia. I am sooo looking forward to it.

I have wondered why Mary is so cruel to Edith and the parents let it continue. Lady Mary seems to always have her parents make things easy for her.

I enjoyed it too. I watched the before show. I also watched the one on Highclere Castle where it is filmed. I think it was a repeat last night because I watched it a while back. Anyway, I told Mr. Stitchnripper I found it very satisfying.
    Alyce

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    was it resolved? missed that.
    I guess what was resolved was the Mr. Bates and Anna threats of being arrested again for Mr. Bates' former wife's murder. A person confessed and there was a witness. Also, resolved the blackmail of Mary which her father paid off the blackmailer.

R.I.P Downton Abbey. Last ever episode, a Cristmas Special, just watched by my family. Winter will never be the same without it!
    Quilting Happy!
    www.craftyretreats.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeanredner View Post
    I checked with the library, about season 1 to start. It is on hold right now, and when it does become available, I can only check it out for 3 days. Doesn't sound like a realistic amount of time to watch an entire season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarleneC View Post
    I guess what was resolved was the Mr. Bates and Anna threats of being arrested again for Mr. Bates' former wife's murder. A person confessed and there was a witness. Also, resolved the blackmail of Mary which her father paid off the blackmailer.
    It was the murder of Mr. Green (Anna's rapist) that was resolved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast