Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dr. Pepper Commercial From the 70's

Dr. Pepper Commercial From the 70's

I am trying to find the name of someone from an old ad. It ran like a silent movie and starred Carol Kane as the young innocent, and Joseph Ruskin as the evil villain. I would like to know who played the Canadian Mountie.

Does anyone know? I contacted Dr. Pepper last year, but was unable to get an answer
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zVuPLkhgJU

The actor was probably Ryan Taylor
    June

Blog Entries
    Oh i was thinking of a different commercial with a young man dancing. I knew he should be a big star. He got a show on t.v. but never went anywhere much after that. shame. very talented. I remember the one you mentioned too. Can't picture the Mountie though.

I researched the name Ryan Taylor and all that came up was a soccer player born in 1987. The commercial came out in 1973.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

Maybe email or get in contact with Carol Kane and ask her. She is on the new tv show Gotham.
    Last edited by Onebyone; 04-06-2015 at 02:00 PM.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Wow, I am almost 63 and don't remember it at all. All I could think of was that Canadian Mountie cartoon that was on the Bullwinkle show.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I don't remember the black and white commercial, but I do remember David Naughton from the dancing one. I think he went on to star in "American Werewolf in London," and that was it. He did seem talented…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQPN3UKQM-U
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Maybe email or get in contact with Carol Kane and ask her. She is on the new tv show Gotham.
    It's funny you should suggest that. I just researched the address to her studio yesterday.

Is this the commercial? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84TwFWtRueQ I didn't get a good look at the Mountie's face. Gonna do some research.....
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius