Eagle-eyed

Old 05-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

Default Eagle-eyed

Are you like my friend that can spot an anomaly from across the room - (hey - her join is 1/8 inch off)

or more like me

Sometimes I can't see the mayo jar that is in front of me in the refrigerator?
Old 05-25-2017, 01:30 PM

I'm a bit of each. It depends on the circumstance. My husband swears I can spot a paint flaw in a car at 100 paces, but sometimes I miss something really big. And then sometimes I see something big and choose to ignore because it's not that important to me.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

I was so eagle-eyed one year when the ticks were really bad (hubs keeps them at bay now) that I could spot them 10 feet away crawling on our hardwood floor. I was in the vet's office and went into a room where one tech just got done mopping the floor and saw one crawling on the floor as the vet walked in. Told him to stand still and got the booger with a paper towel. He took us to another room and had the guy reclean the exam room again. Made him change the water and solution first. I think I was just so anal about it, I was seeing them everywhere.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:47 PM

I'm oblivious to most everything except poison ivy My mind stays so full with what quilt I'm working on, what quilt I want to do next, what book I'm reading, what new song I haven't heard, what to cook for dinner, should I make jam this week or next, can I get away with not doing laundry for one more day, where did I put my IPOD/phone charger/seam ripper/shoes.......... and on and on. I walk out in front of cars in parking lots, bump into people and don't notice if someone is speaking to me in a store. If I wasn't so organized it would be a hot mess!
I stay away from people who notice every little thing, they frustrate me and make me nervous.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:25 AM

Yes, that is me totally. It's a real burden honestly. One thing that bothers me more is the colors. I can see colors that are off way too easily. I was like this as a child too.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:36 AM

I can spot anything that is "off" even by a tiny bit, e.g., a picture frame that is not quite level or a seam that doesn't nest properly. It is really quite troubling at times, so I have practiced just letting it go and now it is not as bothersome thank goodness!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

yes, i have a friend like that.
i don't notice much, but a picture frame off 1/8" drives me nuts!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

I spot things off kilter but if it isn't in my house I don't care.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:47 PM

I guess I am more like although it isn't the mayo in my frig. It is looking for something at the store, ask for help finding whatever & find I have passed it because it's 1 shelf up from where I looked.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:32 AM

I like things to be straight, too. Picture frames get straightened out. Then I put small piece of command strip on the back of the frame, attached the other piece of it, took the paper off and pressed the frame against the wall in the correct place. That picture will never move.

Our new library is right next to the train tracks (It looks like a depot). When trains go through the pictures of trains on the walls are vibrated out of place. They need the command strips there, too.