Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Embarrassing Moments...

  1. #1
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Today in Oregon it was going to be HOT close to 100 in Salem. So, having no daycare kids and only having 3 of mine around I decided to take them boating up at Detroit Lake. First we stopped at Safeway to get doughnuts for the kids. As we were walking to the bakery my purse knocked into a display of wine knocking a bottle off and sending it crashing to the floor where is shattered at my feet spilling it all over my toes. The bottle shattered sending shards of glass one which hit my foot and cut it. Wine hurts in an open wound. Who knew. So, then I had to go tell someone I had been clumsy and ask for a band-aid. They then want to tell management...
    Then at the lake we were having fun tubing I noticed that the gas was almost all gone and we were at the other end no where near the marinas. So, we start heading that way. As we enter the cruise way that leads to the marina my boat begins to sputter. I had dropped sped already but dropped it a little more hoping we could make it to Kane's. We didn't. It totally died about 1000 feet from the marina but in a 22 foot speed boat and nothing but a woman and kids it might as well have been a hundred. So, more embarrassment I had to call for the sheriff to come to my rescue. While all the people passed and watched from the marina so close but SO far away from the gas I needed. Oh well. We still had fun the rest of the day.

  2. #2
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,168
    Blog Entries
    47
    a day to remember

  3. #3
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,575
    Did you still smell like a winery when the sheriff arrived? :shock:

    I am glad you and the kids had fun and arrived home safely.

  4. #4
    Super Member bjnicholson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    3,236
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'll bet this is a day your kids will always remember. And you're going to hear about it forever!

  5. #5
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ahhh you made memories today :wink:
    I am sure the kids loved the excitement of it all :D:D:D

  6. #6
    Super Member Quilter7x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    8,531
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Did you still smell like a winery when the sheriff arrived? :shock:
    Oh my gosh, that is so funny! :lol:

    Truthfully, I also am glad you and the kids had fun and arrived home safely. You certainly will have quite a story to tell about your day! :D

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    242
    These are the most precious and remembered days. I love to hear stories from my kids for days that to me were embarassing or just plain horrible only to be told from the mind of a child I sure get to laugh! I am glad you are ok and you had a great day!

  8. #8
    Super Member Chele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Belle Isle, Florida
    Posts
    6,737
    A bad day in the boat is better than a good day sitting in front of the tv! And I bet it wasn't even a bad day in the boat. Sounds kind of fun to me, but I love boating.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,246
    Another day of memmories. How wonderful to spend the day with family.

  10. #10
    Super Member cherylynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,747
    They will be laughing about "the time mom took us boating" for many years to come. Treasure these times with your kids!!

  11. #11
    Super Member SharonAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,464
    lol. It seems you were up the proverbial lake without a paddle, huh?

  12. #12
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Did you still smell like a winery when the sheriff arrived? :shock:

    I am glad you and the kids had fun and arrived home safely.
    oh, that would have been bad. Thankfully I had put my feet in the lake :-)

    We had so much fun. Chloe had brought 2 friends and all the girls were having so much fun tubing. Marae had the funniest faces and the best funniest wipe outs.

  13. #13
    Super Member Gramof6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,357
    I would have loved to be with you & your group today. That sounds like a wonderful day & yes...a day that will be remembered forever! Thank You for sharing your day with us. Days like today are what makes the best conversation at the dinner table for years. LOL

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paige, Texas
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by kristen0112
    Today in Oregon it was going to be HOT close to 100 in Salem. So, having no daycare kids and only having 3 of mine around I decided to take them boating up at Detroit Lake. First we stopped at Safeway to get doughnuts for the kids. As we were walking to the bakery my purse knocked into a display of wine knocking a bottle off and sending it crashing to the floor where is shattered at my feet spilling it all over my toes. The bottle shattered sending shards of glass one which hit my foot and cut it. Wine hurts in an open wound. Who knew. So, then I had to go tell someone I had been clumsy and ask for a band-aid. They then want to tell management...
    Then at the lake we were having fun tubing I noticed that the gas was almost all gone and we were at the other end no where near the marinas. So, we start heading that way. As we enter the cruise way that leads to the marina my boat begins to sputter. I had dropped sped already but dropped it a little more hoping we could make it to Kane's. We didn't. It totally died about 1000 feet from the marina but in a 22 foot speed boat and nothing but a woman and kids it might as well have been a hundred. So, more embarrassment I had to call for the sheriff to come to my rescue. While all the people passed and watched from the marina so close but SO far away from the gas I needed. Oh well. We still had fun the rest of the day.
    I t is such a surprise to me that the store management didn't come to make sure you and the kids were all right. You could come back and tell them one of the kids ended up with glass in his eye. They are surpose to make sure your ok and they want get sueded.
    And then the lake I can't believe on one came and asked if you needed any help.

  15. #15
    reach for the stars 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ILL.
    Posts
    3,568
    Definetly a day you and the kids won't forget

  16. #16
    Super Member Ditter43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Crystal River Florida
    Posts
    9,771
    One of those days you will talk about for a while! Glad you are all home safe! :thumbup: :D

  17. #17
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    You created some funny memories today. Your kids are going to remember this day forever. Thanks for the smiles.

  18. #18
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,680
    Blog Entries
    4
    So glad you can chuckle about the day and that you enjoyed it, regardless of the little mishaps! Don't you love cell phones???

  19. #19
    Senior Member BRenea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seguin, TX
    Posts
    560
    Blog Entries
    1
    One time I went grocery shopping with my mom...she reached for an orange on the produce display and sent them all tumbling! As we reached the meat department, she slipped in a puddle of water from a leaking cooler and ripped her pants! I guess the management thought she might sue them (she would never) so they made a big fuss. I was absolutely mortified, being 13 at the time. Twenty-six years later I still remember and laugh! :lol:

  20. #20
    granniebj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    752
    Sounds like my luck! At least you had fun and you will remember the day! lol

  21. #21
    Super Member Colbaltjars62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Posts
    1,034
    So I have to ask? What goes with toes? Red or White?
    Sorry my Hubby asked.
    :-D

  22. #22
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
    So I have to ask? What goes with toes? Red or White?
    Sorry my Hubby asked.
    :-D
    White of course the red would have stained my shoes LOL.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    417
    My daughter will never make me forget the day I brought her for lobster. She was sixteen, we were quietly eating steamed lobster, I broke the joint of a leg, some water squirted in the air and splashed the people sitting at the next table.We still go at the restaurant but she always mentions ’No lobster, for you ’

  24. #24
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Quote Originally Posted by marthe brault-hunt
    My daughter will never make me forget the day I brought her for lobster. She was sixteen, we were quietly eating steamed lobster, I broke the joint of a leg, some water squirted in the air and splashed the people sitting at the next table.We still go at the restaurant but she always mentions ’No lobster, for you ’
    That's funny! I can see it flying up in the air and squirting them haha

  25. #25
    Junior Member joyceinoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    287
    Wish I could have been there. I could use a fun day like that. :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.