Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The end of 'The Good Wife' ???? >

The end of 'The Good Wife' ????

The end of 'The Good Wife' ????

Old 05-10-2016, 04:16 AM

Default The end of 'The Good Wife' ????

Just watched the end of the show and am scratching my head. I have seen many shows end but this is very puzzling to me why they ended it like they did. I am wondering if they are starting a new show with Alicia running for Governor of Illinois ? I have always thought this show had superb writing and have been a strong follower since the very first show, but this last one was a bummer to me. What do you fans think ?
Old 05-10-2016, 04:28 AM

Sort of bittersweet on this ending. But, more adult than a happy ending type...going of into the sunset holding hands type of fairytale ending. Was a bit confusing when Will first appeared, but quickly realized what was happening. No, I don't really think there will be a spinoff of Alicia For Governor type series. I will miss the characters, writing on this series...one of the few things that are, in my mind, on an adult level without being trashy.....not much else to choose from lately
Old 05-10-2016, 04:53 AM

I went online to see if there were comments and apparently TV critics seem to think this ending failed miserably. The producers said the show started with a slap and ended with a slap. The ending was really a mishmash of too many confusing things. I was glad to read that I was not alone in scratching my head wondering what the heck happened.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:08 AM

I did not follow that show but I have been reading articles about the ending. I feel for fans of the show who were disappointed. It's kind of like the ending of "How I Met Your Mother." That was so unsatisfying to me that I no longer have any desire to watch the old episodes. I don't need a going into the sunset holding hands type of ending but I do appreciate resolution to a story that's in keeping with what made me watch in the first place.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:16 AM
Power Poster

I am not sad to see it go. I am really tired of all the chaos in so many of the shows. I was done with this one after the 2nd season mid-way. Never watched but a couple of How I met your mother!! I retreat to my sewing room often. Can't really turn to different channel even though DH falls asleep through some of his favorite. Tv is nothing but noisemaker anymore. Not trying to be a downer there are some. I want to laugh not cry. Sunday AFV and the new Steve Harvey's "LITTLE BIG SHOTS' are great. Then I'm done for Sunday.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:16 AM

Hum... I had to have missed the first slap...my take on the slap was there will not be an "All Woman Law Firm" The End
Old 05-10-2016, 07:33 AM

I was disappointed in the show when Julianne Marguiles decided she was a bigger deal than anyone else on the show
and alienated her cast members. It ended because of her ego and I just have a real problem with Hollywood egos. I won't watch anything else she does.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I did not like it any more after Archie Punjabi's character was written out of the show.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:54 AM

bearisgray -- The gossip sites said she left because of conflict with Margulies. They hated each other so much that they refused to film together for the last few episodes Punjabi was in.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:05 PM

I thought it was just meh. I too started loosing interest after Archie Punjabi left. I enjoyed watching Alicia change from insecure junior associate lawyer into someone who was fantastic in court. I was disappointed when the story line showed Alicia behaving like Peter. What a waste, they could have gone on to make her into a positive role mode.