Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fabric Flexagon - Really fun little project!

Friends, thanks for the interest in my project! This is so fun to make, I hope you'll try it and give one to a friend! Flexagons are just for fun and apparently really popular with the math world. Please click on the link I've posted to watch a video clip of it in action!

I posted my instructions and procedure steps on page 2 of the comments. More questions? Just ask!

No there is not a pattern for the diamond, you have to draw one up yourself or possibly find one online. It's easy to do though! Draw an equilateral triangle (all sides the same length). I made my sides 3". The angle is 60 degrees on an equilateral triangle. You can use a protractor to measure or I found degree lines on my cutting ruler! Then trace the triangle (so you have two), cut them both out and put them together, making a diamond. Don't forget to add a 1/4" seam allowance at this point! Keep one of the triangles for the broken diamond pieces on two of the rows. Don't forget to add the seam allowance to all three sides of that triangle.

Yikes I hope that helps! I don't know how to update the original post to put all this info together... I will if someone can tell me how.

I am so frustrated...I have tried and tried to get to page two and can't seem to figure it out. Is there anyway you could post your tutorial on the QB for us?

Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    I am so frustrated...I have tried and tried to get to page two and can't seem to figure it out. Is there anyway you could post your tutorial on the QB for us?
    Here's a direct link to page two.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...t247476-2.html

Thanks Moonrise...you rock! Well actually, so does mommysewist!

Well for Pete's sake...I was looking all over the comment section of the website with the confusing directions...NOT on the QB! I must have quilt stuffing for brains!

Blog Entries
    i thought it was confusing too. i would loveyour upload pictures.
    barbara

I would be very interested in the instructions if possible...my daughter works with autistic children and I am sure she would love this...maybe even me...thanks Patty....
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-23-2015 at 04:18 AM. Reason: remove PII

Thanks so much for sharing the directions link.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

how do we get the pattern for this? When I click on the link it asks me to enter another user name and password but looks like a different site?

Blog Entries

Flexagon

Quote Originally Posted by mommysewist View Post
    There's a young boy at my church with autism. I've been looking for something fun to make him, as we've become friends with his Dad, and I found this! It's really fun and I'm excited to give it to him on Sunday. Please click on the link below to watch a video of what this 'toy' does. I'd never seen one before but these flexagons are normally made out of paper. This young man (who's page I'm linking) made one out of fabric.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fabr...agon/?ALLSTEPS

Here are pictures of mine, rotating through the colors I used.

Attachment 477058
    Attachment 477059
    Attachment 477060
    Attachment 477061

His instructions were a little confusing for me but I was able to figure it out from his pictures (I'm a visual learner). I took pictures of my process and can upload them if anyone is interested in making one. I had so much fun making this (it's a pretty quick project) and fun to play with so I'll definitely be making more!
    Would this be good for an Alzheimer''s patient or someone who has had a stroke. I would love more help.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-23-2015 at 04:20 AM. Reason: remove PII

Bless you for sharing this!! I have an great niece that would benefit from this greatly! Can't wait to try this!
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2