Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fabshophop

Have any of you participated in a Fabshophop? Did you enjoy all the shops? Did you spend a LOT of time "shopping"? Would you do it again? Did you actually win prizes?

I do it almost every month. Some of the shops I just breeze through, sometimes I spend some time, sometimes I bookmark for later. Just placed an order at one last night LOL. I've won twice, just the gift certificates not the big prizes. But hey $20 would of fabric for the cost of shipping is nothing to sneeze at!

I usually participate every time it is offered. I do enjoy it and I am driven to find every bunny. I did win a small gift (2 FQs) from one of the shops.

I have won $10 gift certificates and I have won 4 one yard cuts of fabric. It's fun to see what each shop has to offer.

Congrats of each of you for winning gift! I tried it several years ago, won nothing, and thought that I had spent way too much time on the computer. But I'm thinking I might try again in July, in fact I registered a few minutes ago. Wish me luck and maybe we"ll "bump" into each other while we're hopping from site to site.

What is a fabshophop? I have seen it mentioned here before and wondered what it was

i have played the last 3 times never won anything but its fun to look

Quote Originally Posted by denilynne
    i have played the last 3 times never won anything but its fun to look
    You don't win everytime. Just keep playing.

I win a $20 gift certificate from time to time. I found my fave shops that way several years ago. I also collected all the basket patterns a few months ago.

Blog Entries
    been doing the hops for over 10 years now- i do not (shop)at all of the shops- there are over 150 of them-some hops have had over 180.
    i do look at the shops- i have found a few that i love and do shop with- i know where to look when i am looking for something in particular- there is such a vast assortment of products offered all across the country- for a vast assortment of prices too.
    i have won prizes participating- not with every hop- but often enough= i've won 1/2 yard collections of fabrics (30 fabrics) i've won many gift certificates from any where from $10 up to $75
    it's one of those computer things i just do---about 10 months a year- for 10+ years now...as long as it continues i will continue-
    i consider it a great resource- and fun too- the prizes are just a bonus.

Blog Entries
    I have done the past three and so far have won a $10 and a $20 gift certificate. I enjoy the challenge of looking but winning makes it nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by katiebear1
    What is a fabshophop? I have seen it mentioned here before and wondered what it was
    It is an online shop hop. You visit the online stores and click on the bunny. Each month they have a quilt pattern you can find and prizes too.

http://www.fabshophop.com/

Blog Entries
    I've played a lot, won quite a few gift certificates. :)

I've done the fabshophop a few times, but it's just too many hops for me. I always feel compelled to find all of them, because I'd hate to lose out on the grand prize just because of one or two bunnies!

I used to do another one that had a worm, I think. It had less shops and was fun (I actually won something there), but it stopped.

There is also this one:

http://anilee.net:8080/anilee/index.jsp

and this one:

http://www.quiltdash.com/members.php?page=dashboard

Both of these are fairly small, and so for me are manageable.

I learned a lot about fabric styles by searching the sites, and I found a lot of pattern designers I liked. It was educational and enjoyable, but the thrill has passed, I guess!