Is facebook fun???

Old 03-13-2011, 07:18 AM

I'm on facebook for family and to keep in touch with people on a "geek" forum who seem to be moving from the forum to FB. I have friends that post interesting links about science and politics (and funny stuff).

I tend to hide "game announcements" like "I just planted a tree in Farmville" so I don't get bothered with those kinds of posts.

You have to be careful about what you do there, because some applications harvest your information.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:23 AM

I enjoy facebook for keeping up with family. Unfortunately some people use it as a political tool so I just delete those right off. Be careful what you include in personal info----no full birthdate and all that. You might also want to create a g-mail address just for the FB stuff.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:39 AM

Facebook helped us find our long lost nephew. My little sister connected with him on Facebook one night and he was so surprised to find out he had family members who wanted to know where he was. His mother had taken him out of the US and went back to her native country Japan when he was about 8 years old. He missed his grandmother and grandfather's funerals and never knew he had cousins that knew about him but had never known him in person.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:10 AM

I find FaceBook very helpful in keeping up with friends and family. I too 'hide' all of the game posts e.g. farmville and the such.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:49 AM

I enjoy Facebook to keep track of my siblings and my kids and grandkids and friends who are out of the area. People just don't write letters anymore so Facebook keeps me up to date. I delete some Facebook"friends" after a while when I get tired of their same posts day after day. Try it. You can always back out if you don't like it.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:22 AM

I enjoy it cause I have family scattered across the country and we can keep in touch with each other. I do have my privacy settings real tight so I don't have to deal with creepers. My kids do too. i know a few people that have had issues and deleted thier accoount. Most of the people I know are very careful.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:26 AM

I use facebook alot we travel so its away to stay in touch with friends and family, I don't really write anything personal for that I send a private email, but general chatting,showing photos off of are animals doing something cute, I won't post my grandkids pictures, I also have mine set up where its just friends,family and I don't have a address birthday or anything like that in my profile
Old 03-13-2011, 09:32 AM

I like FB just dont put personal info on. I play Farmville and have met a few people so it can be fun. I have several GK on & friends from another state I use to live in. If you find u don't care for it just delete it! But if you want to play FV just email me! lol
Old 03-13-2011, 09:37 AM

I think its a great site for keeping in touch with family and friends. I only have to post one time instead of sending a whole bunch of emails
Old 03-13-2011, 10:01 AM

Facebook is good for keeping up with friends and family, but the Quilting Board is WAAAAYYYYY more fun! I spend much more time here!